Senior Front-End Engineer, Architecture
Engineering – Software Engineering
Etsy is looking for front-end architect to establish a vision for front-end infrastructure at Etsy.
About the team
The Web Platform Team strives to create a front-end web development experience which is efficient, intuitive, and rewarding. Our goal is to give Etsy's front-end engineers and designers a best-in-class development environment. We build asset deployment tools, evaluate browser usage and support, provide comprehensive and actionable front-end logging frameworks, and strive to keep our front-end technical debt at the minimum. Our partners are testing and deployment groups; our stakeholders are Etsy’s front-end developers.
About the Role
- You will be responsible for developing, communicating and executing a technical vision that will shape the long-term future of front-end development at Etsy.
- You will lead front-end architecture decisions that impact all of engineering.
- You will build systems, author tools, policies and patterns that elevate front-end development practices throughout Etsy.
- You will partner with senior Engineering leadership to translate business goals into technical strategy and staffing.
- You will participate in architectural reviews to ensure proper balance of short-term and long-term trade-offs.
- You understand the state of the industry and anticipate broad technical change.
- You are an expert in cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- You have a general knowledge of most, and advanced knowledge of some, common web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS and preprocessors), module bundlers and front-end testing frameworks.
- You are an expert in building single-page applications and understand tradeoffs of related frameworks (Backbone, React..).
- You are consistently able to build consensus around difficult decisions in the organization.
- You communicate empathetically, in an accessible, blameless, and concise manner.
- You have a proven history of rolling out safe, system-wide changes and solving unbounded problems, technical and otherwise.
- You enjoy providing technical mentoring to fellow developers on our team.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.