Data Analyst, Buyer Insights
Product – Analytics
Analysts at Etsy use rigorous analytics to generate insights that inform product, marketing and business decisions across the company, and across the idea lifecycle -- from ideation to iteration to launch. Ultimately, the team’s work strengthens Etsy and helps continuously improve the Etsy experience for our buyers.
Learning new skills and techniques is not only a requirement but a perk of the job; we are always looking for opportunities to improve. Our mission is to tell the story of what is transpiring in the world of Etsy — to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
Etsy’s Buyer Insights team is a cross-disciplinary team of researchers and analysts who guide the direction of Etsy’s approach to improving the experiences of current and prospective Etsy customers. We work closely with our partner teams through all stages of development, from identifying initial opportunities, to refining the user experience, to analyzing the impact of our efforts, and highlighting improvement areas.
About the Role:
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency and aggressive documentation and communication.
- Partner with product, engineering, finance, and marketing teams; use behavioral and transactional data to shed light on user experience, identify opportunities for improvement , and drive teams' decision making.
- Identify key metrics to understand the performance of products, develop dashboards and/or reports to track performance, and perform statistical analyses of experiments.
- Continually evaluate and refine your technical toolkit; teach what you learn to the team.
- You have 1-3 years experience as an analyst or in a quantitative role in which you extracted meaning from big data sets with little engineering support.
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually and in writing. You care deeply about the quality of your data and the integrity of your work.
- You care about reproducible work and have picked up tools to this end; you can teach others how to make their own work better and more efficient.
- You are passionate about subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis techniques.
- You should be able to point us to something you’ve built or analyzed you’re proud of.
- You are proficient in SQL and either R or Python. Bonus points for experience with the Hadoop ecosystem or additional scripting languages (Scala, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.