Business Development Analyst
Business Operations – Business Development
We are seeking a Business Development Analyst, based in Brooklyn as we grow our team at Etsy. The mission of the Business and Corporate Development team is to accelerate Etsy’s growth through strategic advisory, partnerships, and acquisitions. We are looking for a strategic thinker and doer who is analytical, high-energy and collaborative.
About the Job
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Business Development, and will support Etsy’s global growth by helping to
(1) size and evaluate new business opportunities,
(2) identify, assess and execute partnerships and acquisitions that drive growth for Etsy
(3) provide regular reporting of competitor metrics, news and industry trends to inform long term corporate strategy.
This is a utility-player position and the balance of work across the above areas will evolve with the company.
- Act as our competitive landscape expert.
- Build and maintain a repository of competitor information for the purpose of providing regular reporting of relevant industry benchmarks, threats, and opportunities. This will involve regular analysis of company financials, metrics, and news.
- Build financial models to support M&A activity.
- Support evaluation of inbound opportunities.
- Support strategic analysis by performing a variety of ad-hoc analyses, including market-sizing, new business development proposals, and evaluation of build/buy/partner opportunities.
- Work with product teams to evaluate and execute partnerships. This will require understanding the capabilities and importance of API endpoints and data feeds. It will also require coordinating with a variety of internal teams including product, legal, and marketing.
- To be successful in this role you should be a self-starter, a fast learner, and structured thinker who is able to quickly synthesize input from many sources and deliver thoughtful, concise, and action-oriented deliverables. You enjoy working with cross functional teams and managing project execution.
- You believe in the power of business to create value for customers and communities in addition to shareholders.
- You are comfortable looking at company financials and building a simple valuation model.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in consumer technology, management consulting, or investment banking.
- 2-4 years of consumer internet business development, investment banking, VC/PE, and/or consulting experience, preferably with a tech focus.
- Knowledge of, and comfort with, the consumer internet/ecommerce space. You have a good sense for what’s going on in the world of tech, and can apply it to your work at Etsy.
- Passionate about using data to support your recommendations, with the enthusiasm and ability to build models when necessary
- Strong organization and project management expertise
- Experience managing projects across internal and external teams
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and technical aspects of a partnership, which involves being comfortable learning/understanding API capabilities/limitations and matching up with Etsy’s requirements
- Comfort working with legal terms and agreements
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.