Manager of Data Science, Recommendations
New York, NY
Engineering – Engineering Management
Etsy is looking for engineering and applied research leaders with exceptional track-record, communication, and people management skills to join our Data Science team in Brooklyn or San Francisco. We are committed to advancing Data Science and Machine Learning in E-commerce related fields by building technologies that help Etsy buyers and sellers discover and celebrate handmade goods from all over the world.
We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. You are clearly characterized by the progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. In addition, you have exceptional research skills and also kept your coding skills sharp. You will bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
Your research background might include areas such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Statistics, Economics and related domains with publication records in top-tier conferences such as KDD, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR, RecSys, and etc.
About the Role
- Provide technical and organizational leadership
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- 5+ years of Data Science and Machine Learning work experience, including hands-on technical management
- Knowledge and track record of applied research
- Experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years of relevant work experience)
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.