Senior Specialist PR & Marketing
Marketing & Communications – Marketing
The Senior Specialist PR & Marketing will play a vital role in the India Etsy team through leading PR activities, seller communication & education and marketing activities in India.
Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a proven track record in managing local PR relationships, building local marketing campaigns and activating global campaigns. You understand the mindset of creative sellers, know where to find them, and come up with creative ways to communicate the benefits Etsy has to offer. You’re highly motivated, extremely organised, strategic and creative with excellent experience across online and offline marketing and communication channels, networks and communities, as well as partnerships. But most importantly you are a true team player and take fun seriously. The ideal candidate will feel inspired by Etsy's values and feel comfortable speaking about our mission with conviction.
This is a full-time position, based in New Delhi. This role might involve some business related travel.
About the Role
- Developing and executing seller facing communication and marketing campaigns - Social media/Event/Influencer/Partnership. In the initial phase focus will be in seller facing campaigns and in the later stages it might include buyer facing campaigns as well.
- Overseeing local PR relationships for both, consumer and corporate matters.
- Managing our external PR agency.
- Analysing campaign success, implementing learnings, and reporting on seller acquisition programs and reach.
- Piloting innovative local communication strategies that are aligned with our global approach.
- Building strong connections and relationships within the Indian PR & marketing landscape.
- You think big and creatively whilst maintaining great attention to detail and scalability of initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a passion for building relationships.
- You have a passion for, and a supreme love of, handmade craft, Etsy, DIY, vintage, entrepreneurship, online communities and new media/technology.
- You can roll up your sleeves and make a long lasting impact on the development of the Indian seller community.
- 5+ years experience working in PR & marketing for online marketplaces or similar fields.
- Familiarity across all offline and digital marketing channels.
- Experience establishing and overseeing partnerships.
- An affinity with numbers and the ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Great organisational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with social media tools.
- Familiarity with the Etsy brand and tools.
- Fully fluent in English and Hindi.
- Flexibility and the ability to move in a fast moving dynamic environment.
- Have personal experience running a creative business.
- Have an agency experience.
- Are well-connected with creative community, especially with craft and handmade domain.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.