User Experience Researcher - Buyer Insights
Product – Research
As a UX Researcher on Etsy’s Buyer Insights team, you will work in partnership with product managers, designers, engineers, and other researchers and analysts to deliver insights that will shape the future of Etsy’s shopping experience for buyers.
You know how to conduct professional-quality user experience research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods. You work well with others, and have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project. Most importantly, you approach your work with a genuine sense of curiosity and you’re willing to challenge conventional wisdom to find the right answer.
About the Team
Etsy’s Buyer Insights team is a cross-disciplinary team of researchers and analysts who guide the direction of Etsy’s approach to improving the experiences of current and prospective Etsy customers. We work closely with our partner teams through all stages of development, from identifying initial opportunities, to refining the user experience, to analyzing the impact of our efforts, and highlighting improvement areas.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Buyer Insights Research Manager. This position is based in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role:
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the research practice for our growing and rapidly evolving online marketplace.
- Partner with product managers, designers and marketers to guide product development and refinement, drawing on a range of user research methods and UX best practices
- Define project scopes, applying appropriate qualitative and quantitative methodologies to answer core research questions
- Recruit for and conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with Etsy buyer
- Provide usability assessments (e.g., heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to develop holistic approaches to meeting stakeholder needs
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with the teams on a regular basis, making connections between buyer needs and Etsy’s business goals and priorities
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary
- Evangelize user research best practices across the company
About the Job:
- Can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods and a solid grasp of contemporary trends in Web and app design
- Have 3+ years’ experience conducting user experience research, employing methods such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Are comfortable with the logistical challenges and workflows of recruiting for research
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric point of view
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, experiment design desired
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.