Senior Director of Internal Audit
New York, NY
Finance – Finance & Accounting
As the Senior Director of Internal Audit you promote auditing to make valuable contributions to the organization and align internal audit processes with stakeholder expectations. You will be reporting to the Chair of the Audit Committee and administratively to the VP, Controller. You will lead a team on its enterprise risk management program and a co-source team responsible for our Sarbanes/Oxley Compliance program.
Your work in Internal Audit is critical to our organization and our efforts to identify and mitigate risks inherent to Etsy's business.
This role will be located in our Brooklyn, NY headquarters.
About the Role
- Endorse a collaborative audit and advisory practice through strong, professional relationships with management. Identify strategic risks and business objectives in the development and ongoing monitoring of the annual audit plan.
- Enable a disciplined execution of company strategy considering key business risks and plan for testing all pertinent risk areas. You find opportunities for process and control improvements and/or developing recommendations to ensure risks are adequately mitigated.
- Present a summary of audit plan execution and results to the Audit Committee and senior management timely.
- Communicate noted issues, risks, and impact of control deficiencies to the Audit Committee and senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Liaise with External Auditors on system, process and control changes. Seek process improvements and audit efficiencies.
- Actively participate in the Company’s Risk Steering Committee.
- Lead and develop an internal team including talent acquisition, retention and career development.
- Ensure adequate department resources, expertise and skills to execute the Internal Audit activity, including outsource relationships.
- Manage the development and implementation of systems, tools and processes required to support the Internal Audit group.
- Establish policies and procedures to guide the Internal Audit Department.
- Identify new rules issued by the applicable regulatory or governing body to remain current on auditing, new technologies, and regulatory trends.
- Follow the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Company policies and procedures.
- Manage departmental budget.
- Relationship owner of Etsy's third party Sox compliance program.
- Oversee the execution of internal control test procedures and provide necessary information for management’s SOX assertion.
- Facilitate management’s response and remediation plans for internal control deficiencies and observations identified.
- Liaison between External Auditors and management in the evaluation of internal control deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Masters in Accounting, MBA, or CISA credentials (preferred).
- Professional certification, such as a CPA or certified internal auditor (CIA).
- Minimum 12 years of experience levels of growing responsibility.
- Previous leadership role in an audit function, including at a publicly traded company.
- Experience in technology industry
- Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes/Oxley (SOX) compliance requirements.
- Expertise of the COSO 2013 Framework.
- Familiar with Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong project management skills.
- Critical thinking, communication and analytical skills
- Collaborative leader with an ability to be effective in a complex, dynamic environment
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and displays a high energy level
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and lead a high performing team
- Professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation and speaking skills
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.