Head of Product Management, Trust & Confidence
Product – Product Management
We are looking for a high-impact leader with deep experience in consumer-facing product management. Reporting to the General Manager of Buyers at Etsy, the Product Management Leader for Trust & Confidence is responsible for overseeing the Trust & Confidence group, whose mission is to give Etsy shoppers the confidence to make a purchase. This person will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of product improvements, A/B tests, and rollouts for all aspects of the buyer experience on Etsy.com that focus on removing friction, improving shoppability, instilling trust, and maximizing conversion rate. This role is a key member of the company’s operating leadership team, will manage a group of product managers, lead a cross-functional team, and own key financial and customer goals. The position in based in Brooklyn, NY.
- Envision and articulate the overall Trust & Confidence strategy
- Create and maintain long-term roadmaps for Trust & Confidence, which align to the Etsy’s larger roadmap for buyers and sellers
- Define and articulate guidelines, principles, expectations, goals and success metrics for the Trust & Confidence group
- Be accountable for key products & initiatives within Trust & Confidence
- Work closely and collaboratively with our other teams to realize the full scale of Trust & Confidence
- Recruit incredible talent and build amazing teamsBe the public face of Trust & Confidence, communicating our long-term direction to the community regularly.
Your Past Experience Includes:
- You’ve built and driven an amazing business, which has been loved globally by many
- You’ve led, managed, and empowered high-performing organizations at scale
- You’ve balanced business needs and strategy with product strategy seamlessly
- You’ve built business models and business plans, and accurately forecasted opportunity and growth for business lines driven by technology or ecommerce products
- You’ve worked closely as a partner to high-performance engineering teams, partner marketplaces and seller service organizations
- You’ve successfully run a two-sided marketplace or e-commerce business line
- You’ve interacted with, supported and grown passionate online communities
- You’ve worked in a fast paced environment where a great idea in the morning can be realized by afternoon
- Have 8+ years of product management or equivalent business management experience
- Have 4+ years of people management experience
- Act like an owner and think long-term and on behalf of the entire company, makes decisions strategically and based on customer needs and insights, is curious about human behavior, manages high-performing teams, thinks analytically and creatively, and gets things done. Are experienced with building and growing a consumer brand at scale, and will work with the team to develop and execute plans to innovate and evolve the successful Etsy brand and product experience.
- Are a passionate member of the Etsy community and someone who believes in Etsy’s vision, mission and values. A key success factor will be the ability to build strong relationships with people and teams across the whole organization. They will lead and develop a team of product managers, and will work closely with matrixed teams around the company. The ideal candidate will have an intuitive sense for building products and businesses for a 21st Century brand that is an umbrella for over a million micro-entrepreneurs (our sellers) and their sub-brands, and understand what makes our brand special. If you’re a passionate buyer and/or seller on etsy.com, even better!
- Have Inspiring, and engaging communication style; optimistic and forward; good sense of humorInspire excellence and leads by example
- Are a Natural collaborator who knows how to drive crisp decision-making
- Are accountable for both wins and losses in the name of growth
- Are passionate about team development and growth. Leads for the good of the company and the customer, not for the good of themselves
- Are Data-driven but able to make gut calls in the absence of dataKnow when to say “no” to merely good projects in the pursuit of greatness
- MBA preferred
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.