Senior Accountant, Consolidations & Reporting
Finance – Finance & Accounting
The position requires an experienced accounting professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at creating structures and definition in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of policies, structure, procedures, and controls that will enhance the finance function at Etsy.
The position is based in Brooklyn, NY.
- Total experience of 3-6 years, preferably with at least two years as an auditor for a global SEC-filer at a big four accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (MBA/MSA a plus).
- CPA certification is desired.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Ability to think critically and recognize discrepancies and anomalies through analysis.
- Able to work independently, follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working with foreign entities, consolidations and foreign exchange preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Workday knowledge is a plus
About the Role
- Consolidations & Internal Reporting
- Lead the month end close process, ensuring deadlines are met; maintain intercompany due to/due from, deferred rent and capitalized asset schedules and prepare related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly worldwide consolidation of Etsy financial statements, including validation of applicable FX rates and elimination of intercompany activity and balances.
- Review and consolidate accounting information reported by legal entities, including preparation of consolidated balance sheet analyses and income statement comparisons to budget.
- Ensure the financial records are maintained in compliance with US GAAP and with internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and preparation of monthly internal reporting package.
- Support the FP&A team in preparation of monthly management reporting package.
- SEC ReportingOn a quarterly basis, assist in preparation of all comparative consolidated financial statements, including cash flow and stockholder’s equity, with attention to detail in relation to internal consistency and prior period continuity.
- Prepare quarterly income statement and balance sheet analytics, comparing and documenting significant fluctuations between reporting periods.
- Work closely with the general accounting team and FP&A to ensure appropriate classification of income statement and balance sheet transactions for proper financial statement presentation on an ongoing basis..
- Stay informed on Regulation S-X and S-K requirements and apply to financial statement presentation and supporting footnote disclosures within quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Prepare all required financial statement disclosures and review the disclosure checklist to ensure completeness, identifying new or updated disclosures that may impact the company.
- Maintain, format, and roll-forward SEC filings within our cloud-based SEC reporting platform.
- Review any 8-Ks, including the Press Release, containing financial data for consistency and accuracy with the consolidated financial statements underlying support.
- Assist with special projects as requested by management
- Work closely with the audit team to provide supporting documents related to the quarterly financial reporting process.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.