Full Stack Software Engineer, Product Engineering
New York, NY
Engineering – Software Engineering
The Full-Stack Software Engineer collaborates with a team to build engaging and effective user experiences for the Etsy community.
Etsy is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. Our marketplace has an abundance of one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers and vintage collectors from around the world. Our challenge? Make it easier for buyers to find these remarkable goods and for creative entrepreneurs to run their businesses. Do you have the skills, passion and empathy to take on this task? Are you excited about building products that thrill our buyers and empower millions of small businesses?
About the Team
About the Location
Our engineers are concentrated in our Brooklyn HQ and San Francisco offices, but are located all over the US. We believe that open communication and effective teamwork can happen regardless of where you sit, and we’ll provide you with tools to make sure that happens. Your laptop will come with our video conferencing software pre-installed, so you can always join in on meetings and catch up face-to-face with your team regardless of where in the world you or they are.
About the Role
- We believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions. To that end, you'll be able to use our in-house analytics tools to gather information and gain insights. With a strong focus on creative entrepreneurs, you will work closely alongside our research team, go on studio visits, and discover insights in our forums. You'll also be able to use Etsy's Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often (and you'll probably push in your first week here).
- Can define and solve unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
- Are comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- Have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- Love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- Are generous with your time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.
- Will be a mindful, transparent, and communicative member of your team.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.