Data Analyst, Finance Analytics
Finance – Finance & Accounting
Etsy is experiencing rapid global growth and is building out the Finance Analytics team. Our team is quick and agile, working directly with Accounting and FP&A teams to develop and refine our financial data pipeline and reporting processes. We are always looking to improve upon the status quo; we are never satisfied with the current process. We are impatient with redundancy, inefficiency and inconsistency. Our mission is to partner with teams across the Finance organization to empower teams with the data, systems, and analyses necessary to tell the story of our business easily, accurately, and in depth. Our commitment to creating efficient, scalable reporting systems and working to turn data into insights allow the Finance team to understand key trends and results so that it can empower stakeholders to make the best possible business decisions.
The Finance Analytics Data Analyst will be part of a team that is integral to Etsy’s financial infrastructure by providing critical financial systems support, process improvement, and an analytical framework for critical decisions impacting revenue and operational drivers. The position requires an experienced analytics professional capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. S/he must be highly detail-oriented and skilled at delivering fast, rigorous analyses in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous for a rapidly growing business.
The successful candidate views learning new skills, techniques and systems as not only a requirement but a perk of the job; we are always looking for opportunities to improve our processes and techniques, and to drive efficiency across the Finance organization. A fun, friendly and open-minded individual, you embody a strong team-first attitude. You are responsive and adapt quickly to change, embrace challenges and champion the advancement of financial planning tools, systems, controls and analyses. You will thrill in translating this hard work into outputs that will enhance Senior Management and Board-Level decision making and further Etsy’s mission to re-imagine commerce in ways that build a more fulfilling and lasting world.
About the Position
You will join the Finance Analytics team and play a leading role focused on understanding key internal data sets and ensuring accuracy and scalability of our reporting processes across the Finance organization. You will also develop a deep understanding of the company’s key business metrics and provide quantitative analysis around these to enable data-driven business decision-making.
Develop and maintain an automated, standardized, and reliable metric pipeline to empower stakeholders and decision makers with timely and accurate data and insights.
About the Role
- Collaborate with FP&A colleagues and accounting, HR and other teams to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Identify key metrics to understand the performance of different sales and product initiatives, develop dashboards and/or reports to track performance, and perform statistical analyses of experiments.
- Support a variety of teams with ad-hoc analyses that transform raw data into meaningful and impactful insights such as analysis to assess the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Ensure strong data governance, transparency, aggressive documentation, and communication of analyses and methodologies.
- Experience with sales and revenue forecasting and cohort modeling
- Mastery of SQL and experience with R is required
- You have 1-4 years experience as a business or data analyst in which you extracted meaning from very large financial datasets with very little engineering support, preferably in a startup or engineering heavy product organization.
- You are passionate about data-driven decision-making, and can act as a key business partner enabling company management to make informed decisions.
- You are detail-oriented and care about the integrity of your work, quantitative accuracy and understanding sources of inconsistencies.
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually and in writing in a clear and simple manner tailored to your audience.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Your communications are kind, thoughtful and tailored to the audience. You are not afraid to speak your mind, but you always do so with respect and empathy for your colleagues. You want to be a part of a culture that fosters candor, humility and continuous learning.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.