Senior Data Analyst, Finance Analytics
Finance – Finance & Accounting
Etsy is experiencing rapid global growth and is building out the Finance Analytics team. Our team is quick and agile, working directly with Accounting and FP&A teams to develop and refine our financial data pipeline and reporting processes. Our mission is to partner with teams across the Finance organization to empower teams with the data, systems, and analyses necessary to tell the story of our business easily, accurately, and in depth. Our commitment to creating efficient, scalable reporting systems and working to turn data into insights allow the Finance team to understand key trends and results so that it can empower stakeholders to make the best possible business decisions.
This role is located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Collaborate with FP&A colleagues and accounting, HR and other teams to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Identify key metrics to understand the performance of different sales and product initiatives, develop dashboards and/or reports to track performance, and perform statistical analyses of experiments.
- Support a variety of teams with ad-hoc analyses that transform raw data into meaningful and impactful insights such as analysis to assess the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Ensure strong data governance, transparency, aggressive documentation, and communication of analyses and methodologies.
- You will also develop a deep understanding of the company’s key business metrics and provide quantitative analysis around these to enable data-driven business decision-making.
- Develop and maintain an automated, standardized, and reliable metric pipeline to empower stakeholders and decision makers with timely and accurate data and insights.
- Provide critical financial systems support, process improvement, and an analytical framework for critical decisions impacting revenue and operational drivers.
- Experience with sales and revenue forecasting and cohort modeling
- Mastery of SQL and experience with R is required
- You have 3-5 years experience as a business or data analyst in which you extracted meaning from very large financial datasets with very little engineering support, preferably in a startup or engineering heavy product organization.
- You are passionate about data-driven decision-making, and can act as a key business partner enabling company management to make informed decisions.
- You are detail-oriented and care about the integrity of your work, quantitative accuracy and understanding sources of inconsistencies.
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually and in writing in a clear and simple manner tailored to your audience.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Your communications are kind, thoughtful and tailored to the audience. You are not afraid to speak your mind, but you always do so with respect and empathy for your colleagues. You want to be a part of a culture that fosters candor, humility and continuous learning.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.