Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
Finance – Finance & Accounting
Etsy is seeking a Senior Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis, to be based in London, and reporting to the Director of International Finance.
The Analyst will be part of a team that is integral to Etsy’s financial infrastructure by providing critical analysis and insights to help drive business decisions.
The position requires an experienced financial professional capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. S/he must be highly organized and skilled at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous for a rapidly growing business.
About the Role
- Work with the wider FP&A team to build company-wide budgets and forecasts for Etsy’s International business.
- Analyze performance trends, create performance milestones and develop ROI models for new and existing services.
- Support business leaders with data needed to make strong business decisions by helping them interpret analyses and measure progress against outlined goals.
- Assist in forecast and budget model preparation, maintenance and quality control.
- Prepare financial models/analysis for internal new business development, cost savings projects, capital expenditure evaluation, competitive benchmarking, valuation, capital structure, partnerships and/or M&A.
- Collaborate with FP&A colleagues and accounting, HR and other teams to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Contribute to special products such as analysis to assess the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- 5+ years of progressive experience, including a combination of investment banking and corporate financial planning.
- Firm grasp of US GAAP; strong familiarity with e-Commerce and technology is a plus.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools.
- Ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions.
- An ideal candidate has participated in the budgeting and forecasting process at a company of similar or larger size to Etsy and thrives in a continuous planning environment.
- Expert in financial modeling, Google docs, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Added plus if you have used Host Analytics and/or Workday Financial Management.
- Regular travel will be required.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.