Data Analyst - Marketing Analytics
Product – Analytics
The Marketing Analytics team is responsible for helping drive the success of buyer marketing efforts at Etsy by providing actionable insights, industry-leading measurement techniques, and access to the metrics, data, and tools needed for decision-making and optimization. We partner with our peers in analytics, research, product, engineering, and finance through all stages of marketing program development: identifying initial opportunities, refining the user experience, analyzing the impact of our efforts, and highlighting improvement areas. Ultimately, the team’s work strengthens Etsy and helps continuously improve the Etsy experience for our buyers.
Learning new skills and techniques is not only a requirement but a perk of the job; we are always looking for opportunities to improve. Our mission is to demystify marketing and tell the story of we attract and retain buyers— to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
This role is located in our Brooklyn, NY office.
About the Role:
- Develop and implement measurement frameworks and marketing models: everything from marketing mix optimization and channel attribution to buyer churn and lifetime value
- Play a foundational role in deciding how we can best engage and grow Etsy buyers by determining and helping execute on opportunities for growth through analysis of behavioral and transactional data that informs our channel strategies
- Identify key metrics that drive the performance of marketing channels and marketing products, make these accessible to partners through dashboards and reports, and drive these metrics through statistical analyses of experiments
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency, and aggressive documentation and communication
- Continually evaluate and refine your technical toolkit; teach what you learn to the team
- You have 1-3 years experience as an analyst or in a quantitative role in which you extracted meaning from big data sets with little engineering support.
- Experience with acquisition and retention marketing operations, channel attribution, churn and lifetime value models, analytical tools and infrastructure, and finding cost-effective growth strategies a plus.
- You are proficient in SQL and either R or Python. Bonus points for experience with the Hadoop ecosystem or additional scripting languages (Scala, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization software a plus.
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually, and in writing. You care deeply about the quality of your data and the integrity of your work.
- You are a strong, independent, analytical thinker who enjoys thinking about and solving complex and nuanced problems.
- You care about reproducible work and have picked up tools to this end; you can teach others how to make their own work better and more efficient.
- You are passionate about subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis techniques.
- You should be able to point us to something you’ve built or analyzed that you’re proud of.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.