Engineering Manager, Compliance
Engineering – Software Engineering
Etsy is seeks an Engineering Manager for our Compliance Engineering team who will help transform our existing applications, devise your own approaches, and build brand new applications from the ground up.
Etsy is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Compliance team. Our team builds systems and automates tasks to increase the accuracy and integrity of our financial reports, protect the privacy of our users, and minimize the impact of compliance requirements on the productivity of our engineering organization. Some of the systems we work with include GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, and JIRA, as well as with the main Etsy code base. The ideal candidate has experience managing a team that requires excellent software engineering skills and a strong understanding of the business.
The Etsy Compliance team is charged with building and maintaining the tools we have built to maintain SOX compliance, complying with privacy regulations, and meet Etsy’s other statutory obligations. The Compliance team works collaboratively with a wide variety of teams, applications, and technology stacks within Etsy -- collaboration and communication are as important as writing new code. We like candidates who are generous, responsible, curious, and enthusiastic.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- As the manager of the Compliance Engineering team you will:
- Lead and retain a team of four to eight engineers, interviewing and recruiting new team members when needed.
- Be responsible for successfully collaborating with Compliance, Internal Controls, and Legal personnel to understand our compliance requirements and make sure they are met.
- Provide technical leadership on compliance-related matters throughout the engineering organization who are working with other engineering teams as they build and change systems that have an impact on compliance.
- You are an experienced engineering manager, able to work with stakeholders to set the team’s road map and coach the team members to be better engineers.
- You are comfortable acting as a consultant with other engineering teams whose projects have compliance implications.
- You have experience building internal tools and working with internal stakeholders, especially tools for engineering teams.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.