Strategy and Business Development Manager - Freight
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
As a company, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide solutions that delight customers and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt will be a leader in building toward this step change in how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, we deliver end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban municipal mobility hub, a fleet operator in a logistics center, or long haul electric trucking, we have the talent, know-how, and capital to create reliable, cost effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of zero carbon transport.
Leveraging an expanding asset portfolio covering 18 states, we will provide the energy services, energy and charging infrastructure, site operations and optimization, and capital solutions to give customers the confidence to fully electrify their vehicles. This transition will happen only once, and we will be a leading provider of the permanent infrastructure required for it.
The freight segment is at the early stages of the transition to electrified transport. Many vehicle providers are working with customers on pilots, with mass delivery of vehicles in the coming years. The infrastructure needs for mass electrification of freight will be complex and immense. The large battery sizes, lost value of time not spent driving, and location for charging along the long distances that freight covers will require a unique solution set, one that must be in place before mass adoption will occur, creating a chicken and egg scenario.
Use cases for large electric vehicles have been limited by charging infrastructure. This is where TeraWatt comes in – as a specialized developer and owner of large scale charging solutions along key freight corridors. With the total cost of operation of electrified freight more favorable than that of combustion engines, many operators are relying on solution providers like TeraWatt to provide certainty and reliability on the routes they must travel.
As a Strategy and Business Development Manager focused on freight, you will be in market, adopting TeraWatt’s solutions and go-to-market strategies to be freight friendly – both in the way that they are offered to freight operators, but also how they can open up more possibilities in the use of heavy duty electric vehicles. You will employ deep subject matter expertise in the long distance freight industry to develop a house view on the market, coalescing customer insights, industry trends, and internal Company capabilities to develop a go-to-market strategy for the segment.
You will be responsible for developing analysis that will drive the segment strategy for the Company. You will develop and deliver crisp and clear summaries of data, analysis, and recommendations, and the cost and benefits of following a suggested course of action. You will attend industry conferences to gain a full understanding of the best opportunities to provide solutions for customers. You will work collaboratively across the Company by building insights for teams to use to develop and define products and deliver results.
You will use your network to identify target customers and strategic partnerships, and seed Business Development discussions.
- Conduct industry competitive, strategic and quantitative analysis to create clear inputs to inform long term company customer strategy and business development activities.
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for the Freight market segment.
- Leverage industry relationships and contacts to identify target customers and high value partnerships. Seed and lead business development discussions with customers.
- Build creative new partnership models that you identify from your research and pitch to partners.
- Evaluate partnership pitches from partners that come inbound to TeraWatt within the Freight domain.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Product, Project Development, and Finance to support product development by providing customer insights.
- Work independently in a nascent, emerging market to identify the highest value long term strategic focus for the company.
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen.
- 3 to 7 years experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the freight industry, or a consulting or finance role, focused on the freight industry.
- A background in consulting, financial or market analysis, market research, corporate development, or corporate strategy with follow-on experience working in the industry.
- Familiarity with long distance freight, intermodal delivery and the needs of freight operators.
- Experience with business development; market sizing and mapping, customer target definition, selling through.