Corporate Strategy Lead
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
As a company, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide solutions that delight customers and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt will be a leader in building toward this step change in how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, we deliver end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban municipal mobility hub, a fleet operator in a logistics center, or long haul electric trucking, we have the talent, know-how, and capital to create reliable, cost effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of zero carbon transport.
Leveraging an expanding asset portfolio covering 18 states, we will provide the energy services, energy and charging infrastructure, site operations and optimization, and capital solutions to give customers the confidence to fully electrify their vehicles. This transition will happen only once, and we will be a leading provider of the permanent infrastructure required for it.
As electric vehicle charging stations grow in size and scale, a specialized infrastructure class has emerged. Charging stations are starting to be measured in megawatts, and the amount of electricity that can be delivered to the site instead of the number of chargers, particularly when it comes to charging large fleets of vehicles. Scale is the new focus. The need for electric vehicle charging will cross many market segments including freight, last mile logistics, private fleets, transit, and mobility. The ability to understand the disparate needs of these customers, and provide solutions that fit all of their needs is a challenge that TeraWatt has been purpose built to meet; to develop, own and finance electric vehicle charging for fleets.
As Corporate Strategy Lead you will report directly to the CEO, and be responsible for developing the corporate wide strategy for addressing this wide customer set, helping to coordinate the efforts of the teams focused on crafting these customer solutions. You will have a deep understanding of at least one of the target markets, experience with developing corporate strategies, and use your influence to drive cooperation across all levels of the company.
You have a work track record where you’ve demonstrated the ability to think strategically: the ability to understand market opportunities, points of differentiation, and identify pockets of opportunity and value for the company. You are able to crisply and succinctly articulate those strategies to a wide variety of stakeholders, and garner buy-in for an organization wide strategy that optimizes the capabilities and resources of the company. You will work on the roadmap for the company, in the near, medium and long term. Chartering this strategy being a major factor in our success in making our customer’s move to electrified fleets frictionless.
- Work closely with CEO, and business division leaders to develop unified corporate strategy, evaluate new areas of opportunity, which will steer the direction of the company.
- Identify, structure, and make recommendations for solutions to business problems requiring the coordination of stakeholders across many teams on a broad range of business issues. Solutions should be based on rigorous analytics and research and delivered in a crisp, concise, easy to understand format.
- Align internal stakeholders including Business Development, Product, Project Development and Finance to develop a coordinated approach to strategy, and resource allocation.
- Develop company wide KPIs, metrics to measure success, and tracking of progress.
- Communicate corporate strategy to stakeholders including partners and investors.
- Engineering, technical, economics, or business degree.
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar area with at least 2 years in a corporate role focused on strategy.
- Demonstrated success leveraging superior analytical rigor and problems solving skills to craft solutions that have been implemented in the real world.
- Impeccable financial modeling, analytical, and presentation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated track record of influencing others at all levels of an organization, and ability to lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Understanding of the energy and/or electric vehicle industry, and fleets is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, with little oversight.
- Experience managing a small team and consultants.