Strategy and Business Development Manager - Mobility
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
As a company, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide solutions that delight customers and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt will be a leader in building toward this step change in how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, we deliver end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban municipal mobility hub, a fleet operator in a logistics center, or long haul electric trucking, we have the talent, know-how, and capital to create reliable, cost effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of zero carbon transport.
Leveraging an expanding asset portfolio covering 18 states, we will provide the energy services, energy and charging infrastructure, site operations and optimization, and capital solutions to give customers the confidence to fully electrify their vehicles. This transition will happen only once, and we will be a leading provider of the permanent infrastructure required for it.
Mobility companies (ride-hailing, rideshare, autonomous vehicle companies, micro-mobility companies, delivery companies, etc.) are disrupting their core markets, while also dealing with core business model disruption as vehicles themselves are going through a transition to electric. Given the capital intensity of the infrastructure build-out to be able to support an electrified transportation operation, and the energy demand of sites, mobility companies need turn-key third party owner operators for their transportation infrastructure that enable them to continue to scale in capital efficient ways.
Without TeraWatt, many of these companies have had to resort to owning these assets themselves or have failed to make the transition to electric vehicles that they’ve wanted to at the pace they’ve wanted to. That’s where TeraWatt comes in – as the third party developer, owner, and operator that mobility companies need, who can also provide them with the energy services to maintain a balanced cost in their operations.
As a Strategy and Business Development Manager, Mobility, you will be in market, adopting TeraWatt’s solutions and go-to-market strategies to be mobility friendly for each of its various market segments – both in the way that they are offered to customers, by developing a deep understanding of customer needs, as well as in the way that they are contracted for, by developing a deep understanding of the way that business is done for each different mobility segment. You will be able to employ deep subject matter expertise in the mobility space to develop a house view on the market, coalescing customer insights, industry trends, and internal Company capabilities to develop a go-to-market strategy for the segment.
You will be responsible for developing analysis that will drive the segment strategy for the Company. You will develop and deliver crisp and clear summaries of data, analysis, and recommendations, and the cost and benefits of following a suggested course of action. You will attend industry conferences to gain a full understanding of the best opportunities to provide solutions for customers. You will work collaboratively across the Company by building insights for teams to use to develop and define products and deliver results.
You will use your network to identify target customers and strategic partnerships, and seed Business Development discussions. Your work will be the basis for how the company conducts business in the mobility market, and which problems we focus most on solving for this customer segment to help mobility be more frictionless as it strives to electrify its fleets. Autonomous vehicles will be fully electric, sooner, because of the problems that you help solve.
- Conduct industry competitive, strategic and quantitative analysis to create clear inputs to inform long term company customer strategy and business development activities.
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for the mobility customer segment.
- Leverage industry relationships and contacts to identify target customers and high value partnerships. Seed and lead business development discussions with customers.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Product, Project Development, and Finance to support product development by providing customer insights.
- Work independently in a nascent, emerging market to identify the highest value long term strategic focus for the company.
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen.
- 3 to 7 years experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the mobility industry, or a consulting or finance role, focused on rideshare/urban mobility strategy and operations.
- A background in consulting, financial or market analysis, market research, corporate development, corporate development, or corporate strategy with follow-on experience working in the industry.
- Experience with ride-hailing, autonomous vehicles, and/or electric mobility.
- Experience with business development; market sizing and mapping, customer target definition, selling through.