Strategy and Business Development Manager - Automotive
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
As a company, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide solutions that delight customers and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt will be a leader in building toward this step change in how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, we deliver end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban municipal mobility hub, a fleet operator in a logistics center, or long haul electric trucking, we have the talent, know-how, and capital to create reliable, cost effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of zero carbon transport.
Leveraging an expanding asset portfolio covering 18 states, we will provide the energy services, energy and charging infrastructure, site operations and optimization, and capital solutions to give customers the confidence to fully electrify their vehicles. This transition will happen only once, and we will be a leading provider of the permanent infrastructure required for it.
Automobile manufacturers, for lack of a better solution, have had to build their own in-house capabilities to provide their large customers with electric vehicle charging infrastructure solutions when they place an order for a number of electric vehicles. The infrastructure demands created by the peak electricity use that occurs when all of these vehicles charge at the same place at the same time is immense and can cost tens of millions of dollars. Without an elegant solution for charging vehicles and a mechanism to pay for all of that infrastructure, it’s difficult for a customer to commit to placing that vehicle order, creating a chicken and egg scenario.
Many automobile companies have had to begin to build and capitalize this infrastructure themselves, even though they know they really don’t want to be the long term owner of this kind of business. That’s where TeraWatt comes in – as the specialized asset owner for electrified transportation, to provide services and asset ownership solutions for automobile manufacturers to be able to offer to their customers to make these large fleet sales frictionless.
As a Strategy and Business Development Manager, Automotive, you will be in market, adopting TeraWatt’s solutions and go-to-market strategies to be auto OEM friendly – both in the way that they are offered to the customers of auto OEMs, by developing a deep understanding of customer needs, as well as in the way that they are contracted for auto OEMs. You will be able to employ deep subject matter expertise in the OEM automotive space to develop a house view on the market, coalescing customer insights, industry trends, and internal Company capabilities to develop a go-to-market strategy for the segment.
You will be responsible for developing analysis that will drive the segment strategy for the Company. You will develop and deliver crisp and clear summaries of data, analysis, and recommendations, and the cost and benefits of following a suggested course of action. You will attend industry conferences to gain a full understanding of the best opportunities to provide solutions for customers. You will work collaboratively across the Company by building insights for teams to use to develop and define products and deliver results.
You will use your network to identify target customers and strategic partnerships, and seed Business Development discussions.
- Conduct industry competitive, strategic and quantitative analysis to create clear inputs to inform long term company customer strategy and business development activities.
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for the Automotive customer segment.
- Leverage industry relationships and contacts to identify target customers and high value partnerships. Seed and lead business development discussions with customers.
- Build creative new partnership models that you identify from your research and have the opportunity to pitch to partners.
- Evaluate partnership pitches from partners that come inbound to TeraWatt within the Automotive domain.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Product, Project Development, and Finance to support product development by providing customer insights.
- Work independently in a nascent, emerging market to identify the highest value long term strategic focus for the company.
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen.
- 3 to 7 years experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the automotive industry with at least two years working on electric vehicles, or a consulting, finance, strategy, and/or operations role focused on the same.
- A background in consulting, financial or market analysis, market research, corporate development, or corporate strategy with follow-on experience working in the industry.
- Experience with a variety of electric vehicle classes, including medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Experience with business development; market sizing and mapping, customer target definition, selling through.