Vice President of Project Development
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
As a company, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide solutions that delight customers and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt will be a leader in building toward this step change in how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, we deliver end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban municipal mobility hub, a fleet operator in a logistics center, or long haul electric trucking, we have the talent, know-how, and capital to create reliable, cost effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of zero carbon transport.
Leveraging an expanding asset portfolio covering 18 states, we will provide the energy services, energy and charging infrastructure, site operations and optimization, and capital solutions to give customers the confidence to fully electrify their vehicles. This transition will happen only once, and we will be a leading provider of the permanent infrastructure required for it.
In this role you will lead all development activities for the company, including the buildout of large scale electric vehicle charging locations incorporating on site generation, storage, and charging infrastructure. The VP of Project Development will also help drive company strategy around greenfield site acquisition, leading analysis and diligence of sites, collaborating closely with the Real Estate team. You will leverage your in-depth experience in interconnection, permitting, and the EPC process to deliver projects that delight customers. A growth mindset and the ability to innovate is a must for this role - you will encounter many “first of their kind” situations as the market develops.
By delivering world class projects, you and your team will allow TeraWatt to help an increasing number of fleets and heavy trucks electrify with confidence.
- Lead all development activities for TeraWatt, delivering projects on time and at cost.
- Build site and project level development roadmaps.
- Inform the strategy of the company through collaboration with the Product, Business Development, Finance and Real Estate teams.
- Work closely with Product, Business Development and Customer Solutions Architect teams to continually innovate on new products and site configurations to support customer solutions.
- Engage vendors, consultants and partners via RFPs, manage all vendor and partner relationships related to project delivery.
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen.
- 10 years experience leading utility scale renewable energy generation and storage development, including solar energy.
- Experience developing a project from conception to commercial operation, including permitting, interconnection, EPC and acceptance.
- Experience collaborating with Origination and Finance teams on project planning and development.
- Experience and ability to negotiate with utilities, ISOs, RTOs and other grid stakeholders.
- Track record of building and managing teams, including acquiring and managing consulting and vendor services.