Director of Engineering
New York City, NY, US /
Engineering – Engineering /
Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion and The Penny Hoarder) via its simple yet robust API. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, fully customizable, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security at scale. Even’s investors are leading financial services firms and VCs, including American Express Ventures, Canaan Partners, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Greatpoint Ventures, Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures. Even placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, awarded to the fastest growing tech companies in the world, and has originated over $3B in credit to date.
This role will involve leadership over the DevOpsSecIt team and additional teams based on the strengths and interests of the candidate. This is a people leadership focused role with expectations the candidate has technical expertise/focus in DevOps as well as experience leading multiple teams in an engineering organization. As a company in the fintech market we have high standards of reliability, security, performance and regulatory compliance must be kept and the perfect candidate will bring expertise operating in similar environments.
- Establish and evolve a vision and roadmap for the DevOpsSecIt team
- Maintain and evolve a micro service infrastructure that follows AWS best practices using Terraform.
- Assist in development of processes and frameworks to help meet industry standards (eg SOC 2) and meet contractual requirements
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic architectural and organizational choices
- Grow the technical expertise of our company as it relates to performance, scalability, and maintainable architecture
- Help team implement and adhere to best practices for security
- Debug and fix production infrastructure issues
- Work with the department to improve build, testing, deployment, and monitoring tools and practices
- Write and provide feedback on specification and design documentation
- At least five years of engineering management experience leading high results-oriented teams and ideally some experience managing and developing managers in an engineering organization
- Track record of successfully developing the careers of direct reports
- A passion for team-building: You are equally excited to hire as you are to grow and develop talent from within. You have led teams of 5+ engineers before, and you take pride in being a mentor. As a manager you listen continuously and give direct, actionable feedback
- Experience successfully managing and delivering several large projects
- Experience writing and reviewing code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Datadog, Grafana/InfluxDB, Nagios, CloudWatch, New Relic etc.)Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS, OpenStack, VMWare etc.
- Proficient in Linux command Line, system Administration and good hands-on installing software on Linux platforms
- Understanding of containers technologies like Docker and ECSSome networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Firewalls, traffic shaping, and load balancing)Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as TravisCI, Concourse etc.
- A deep understanding of distributed systems, OS and network security, and building serving systems at scale
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.