Lead Product Designer
New York City, NY, US /
Engineering – Product /
About Even Financial:
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential.
Empower- Self-directed and take initiative
Empirical- Explore and iterate
Transparent- Helpful, straightforward and honest
Fearless- Be bold, take risks
Even is seeking a Lead Product Designer to help craft the best experience for both the millions of consumers that use our products (B2B2C) and the channel partners and financial institutions that use our partner tools (B2B). As part of the product team, you will partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, and business intelligence to solve complex problems by crafting thoughtful, useful and usable user experiences for our platform. You will be building a product design department mentoring product designers, and shaping our design system.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
Questions you’ll be answering:
- How do we create the best end-to-end experience for consumers searching for financial products online?
- How can internal tools be optimized to serve channel partners and financial institutions?
- What should an Even design system look like?
Your day to day:
- Work autonomously with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders across teams to create great users experiences from research and prioritization to deployment
- Be able to work broadly translating high-level business requirements and sometimes narrowly creating detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications quickly
- Help with resourcing, mentoring, coaching, and hiring others while establishing a design culture within the company
- Design and conduct small and medium scale usability tests and other UX research activities
- Shape the future of design system tooling and take it in new directions
You may be a fit if you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in interaction design / user experience design (both consumer facing and enterprise/SaaS experience preferred)
- 2+ years of people management experience including mentoring and coaching junior level designers
- Have the ability to lead multiple projects and competing priorities spanning multiple team members in a fast-paced environment
- Strong design vision: ability to be innovative in all spaces and create a wide variety of solutions (a bonus if you have experience with complex data visualizations)
- Customer-focused design approach and expert-level knowledge in UI and UX methodologies and usability testing with sound methodology
- Ability to think strategically about overall platform focus, direction, and integration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical stakeholders
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.