Analytics Engineer, Business Intelligence (Remote)
New York, NY (Remote) /
Growth & Operations – Business Intelligence /
Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers, enabling any company to add financial products to their business. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial services providers (such as SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion) via its simple yet robust API and embeddable solutions. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into a comprehensive financial services marketplace with full compliance and security at scale. Even was named one of "America's Best Startup Employers'' by Forbes for 2021 and placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, which recognizes the fastest growing tech companies in the world. In February 2022, Even was acquired by MoneyLion, a mobile banking and financial membership platform that empowers people to take control of their finances.
We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join the Growth and Operations Department at Even. You will support the development of our analytics platform strategy for internal reporting, insights, modeling and analysis as part of a growing Analytics Engineering team within the Growth and Operations Department.
You will use strong technical skills to support internal and external stakeholders with data, analysis and strategy to drive key decisions and growth. This role requires hands-on data modeling, schema structuring, experience with ETL processes and writing performant queries. Your time will be focused on building and supporting a pragmatic analytics pipeline which supports fast and reliable analytics queries. Your success is measured by reliability, consistency, and speed of the systems and pipelines from which Data Scientists and Business Intelligence Analysts use to pull data and generate insights. You will work cross functionally with upstream and downstream teams to develop optimal, practical solutions that will lead to overall velocity improvements in data being served across the company.
Even has a very data driven culture. 70% of the company reviews and looks at data in our dashboarding environment on a weekly basis. The work that our analysts perform impacts all departments in the organization, and also touches executive, client, public relations and parent company level initiatives.
Day to Day:
- Apply knowledge of databases, data system architecture design, ETL/ELT pipelines, modern data stack tooling (e.g. familiarity with Airbyte, DBT, Meltano, Airflow, etc.), and schema construction to write performant data processing code
- Use SQL, Python (pandas, numpy) and Spark to optimize our data models and work with data engineering to optimize/validate upstream data pipelines for performance
- Be the steward of our data model at Even. Work in a highly engaged team to design, build, implement performant and optimal data schemas and models that allow for deep understanding of our product stack.
- Structure data from upstream sources using modern data warehousing techniques such as star schema and other dimensional modeling techniques to allow for rapid querying
- Experimenting with pragmatic MVP ideas for new optimizations and designs to implement in our analytics pipeline
- Adhere to team processes such as retros, sprint planning, RFCs, ticketing standards, code standards, etc.
- Use SQL, Python (pandas, numpy, pyspark) and LookML (via Looker) to optimize our data models and work with data engineering to optimize/validate upstream data pipelines for performance
- Communicate delivery timelines in a cohesive and understandable way to product and business stakeholders, from Executives to ICs
- Develop monitoring systems that ensures observability of the pipeline, encompassing reliability, stability and an optimized end user experience
- Support investigations into data model issues, and work independently and with cross-functional teams to identify solutions and implement them
- Be a hands on team player in a high performing team that operates against deadlines. Get your hands dirty with ad hoc analyses, executive decks, and a wide range of team deliverables. Have a positive attitude. Rapidly iterate and reprioritize initiatives as needed. Even is a high growth company and you will be encountering ambiguity and day by day shifting priorities.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role with technical and code-oriented data analysis (SQL, LookML, Python)
- 1+ years of on-the-job data modeling and schema design experience, optimizing for performant and scalable systems
- Coding proficiency in SQL and Python, with the ability to confidently explain methodology to non-technical stakeholders
- Data modeling, schema design, and data visualization skills with a focus on query performance and analytical readiness; comprehensive knowledge of joins and their optimized use
- Ability to investigate, identify problems and propose solutions from informal business requirements
- High attention to detail despite ambiguity, constant reprioritization, tight timelines, and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to positively influence decision making across different teams with different vernaculars
- A team player - highly collaborative and service oriented. When the team wins, we all win!
- Experience with AWS technologies (redshift, AWS lambda, EMR, ECS)
- Experience with orchestration and transformation tools (e.g. Airflow, DBT, Spark, Airbyte, Stitch etc.)
- Previous experience with Looker, LookML, and Tableau or other BI tooling
- Strong interest in solving business side problems and using your work to impact business outcomes via data informed insights
- Prior experience working hands on with Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams around developing reporting/analytics tools and pipelines
- Understands the tradeoff between perfection and execution. You will need to balance data driven decision making with the rapid delivery of projects within tight time constraints.
- Creative problem solving and challenging the norm
Our core values:
- Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by transforming financial services, and ensuring that every consumer has access to goods and products. A team member joining Even is...
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plan
Uncapped paid time off (PTO)
Company paid holidays + monthly personal holiday
Membership to Udemy
Perks including a monthly wellbeing stipend, $200 one time WFH stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.