Senior Scala Engineer
New York City, NY, US /
Engineering – Engineering /
Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion and The Penny Hoarder) via its simple yet robust API. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, fully customizable, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security at scale. Even’s investors are leading financial services firms and VCs, including American Express Ventures, Canaan Partners, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Greatpoint Ventures, Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures. Even placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, awarded to the fastest growing tech companies in the world, and has originated over $3B in credit to date.
As a developer, you will flex your Back End engineering expertise, while building new features and services in Scala with Play and Akka, all hosted on AWS. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a high impact team to expand our API's capabilities, all while ensuring quality and robustness. Come join our team as we push into new products and continue to innovate, streamline, and automate the Financial Service Search Industry.
Day to Day:
- Contribute to a collaborative code base with other team members.
- Design, build, and support API services built on the latest versions of Scala, Play.
- Write and provide feedback on Request for Comments (RFCs) for new features in our collaborative design process.
- Triage and investigate issues and errors in the production system.
- Build and contribute to libraries for code used across applications.
- Review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards.
- Write unit tests for production code, and understand how to achieve good coverage.
- Develop tooling that implements an advanced continuous integration pipeline.
You may be a good fit:
- 4-7 years software engineering experience.
- Strong experience working with JVM environments, preferably Scala or Java 8+.
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL, database designs, and general best practices.
- Experience with AWS or another cloud infrastructure provider.
- You excel at designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting.
- Comfortable deploy your code and features, and follow them to production to ensure smooth delivery.
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others.
- Not afraid to get into the logs to root out errors.
- Eager to master new technologies and techniques.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.