Strategic Planning Manager
New York, New York
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
Even Financial is seeking a Strategic Planning Manager to join the Strategy team. As the company scales, launching new financial services product verticals is a key component of our growth strategy. In this role you will develop strategies and scope, plan and initiate new vertical launches supporting Business Development, Account Management, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams. This role requires some combination of domain experience across mortgage, insurance, wealth/robo-advisors, or emerging financial experiences.
- Support strategic planning for Even’s entry into financial services product verticals including mortgage, insurance, wealth/robo-advisors, emerging financial experiences or related fields.
- Capture and define strategic elements including market and opportunity sizing, Consumers (e.g. segmentation, journeys, behaviors), FIs (e.g. acquisition, products, economics), Channel Partners (e.g. targets for integrations, adjacencies).
- As part of a 360 planning process, partner with cross functional teams to capture business and partner inputs for new vertical launches and draft business requirements documents capturing program mandate, objectives, estimated business value, specifications, integration opportunities, partners, use cases, pro-formas, implementation plans, etc.
- Obtain and communicate business teams, financial institution, and other partner inputs for R&D process.
- Support cross functional teams for program development and deployment.
- Evaluate program results, capture key learnings and insights, and identify opportunities to optimize.
- BA / BS degree in business, marketing, or a related field, and/or equivalent experience
- 3-8 years of professional experience in strategic planning, marketing, program management or similar role.
- Domain expertise in any combination of mortgage, insurance, wealth, fintech or other financial services products or offerings.
- Experience in building and running digital programs including creating strategies and work plans for FI product and marketing capabilities
- Understanding of digital marketing technologies and platforms including program set up, tracking, reporting, quality assurance procedures, deployment plans, partner relationships, etc.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and package results for senior leaders
- Strong analytical skills, ability to create pro-formas and financial plans, and collect and synthesize data into meaningful insights and opportunities
- Creative problem-solving and ability to deliver in tight time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership.