Team Lead, Platform
New York City, NY, US /
Engineering – Engineering /
Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion and The Penny Hoarder) via its simple yet robust API. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, fully customizable, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security at scale. Even’s investors are leading financial services firms and VCs, including American Express Ventures, Canaan Partners, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Greatpoint Ventures, Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures. Even placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, awarded to the fastest growing tech companies in the world, and has originated over $3B in credit to date.
We are looking for an experienced engineer and leader to oversee a backend-focused engineering team. In this position you will own a large portion of our internal and partner-facing APIs, going from business need to API specification to delivering the functionality to power them. You will conduct 1:1s with your team, mentor engineers, lead recruitment and help define standards and processes.
Day to Day
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to create great products
- Design and build APIs to deliver new functionality, both directly to partners via our public API and by powering our partner-facing portal
- Own software development lifecycle and Agile practices, including sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards
- Contribute to backend microservice and core library development, working in Scala and Postgres
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent
- Help establish and operationalize best practices and frameworks
- Identify opportunities for improved process, efficiency, and impact
- Interface with product, business, and other team leads to coordinate resources, define projects and manage work
- Demonstrate company values and promote them on the team: empowerment, transparency, empirical, and fearlessness
You may be a fit if you have
- 5+ years software engineer experience or a strong academic background in computer science
- 2+ years proven success leading, mentoring and developing engineering teams, preferably in a high growth, tech start-up environment
- Strong opinions about API design and experience with standards like OpenAPI and tools for SDK generation
- Demonstrated success collaborating across engineering, product and business functions to deliver functionality
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and build systems
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- Strong people skills with a well-developed management philosophy, including opinions on process and how teams should operate
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.