Director of Product - SaaS
New York City
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
Even Financial is seeking a talented Director of Product - SaaS & Self-Serve to join its fast-growing team. In this position, you’ll thrive in a challenging and creative environment, and grow with a strong and supportive team that is committed to excellence at every level. As a member of the Product team you'll work closely with your teammates and will be expected to collaborate with Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, Account Management and Strategy.
- Partner with customers and internal stakeholders to define products and product requirements that create an incredible user experience
- Lead the product team throughout the entire product life cycle from conception, requirements definition, development, testing, launch and maintain / improve, with frequent client communication and adjustment along the way.
- Establish new products and expand the quality and functionality of existing products
- Use key external and internal data to guide the decision-making process
- Creates business requirements documentation and functional requirement documentation with enough detail to enable application developers to complete their development sprints.
- Perform competitor analysis, interview and survey customers, and obtain product feedback from sales/marketing department to assist with researching potential opportunities for new products and to support the existing product roadmap.
- A successful candidate will acquire subject matter expertise enough to assist questions from developers, customers, pre-sales, and management.
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance, and operational support, while always maintaining regulatory constraints
- Work with Marketing, Sales & Partner Solutions teams to define and execute messaging, positioning, key benefits, target customers etc.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly across departments and to upper management concerning product status, trade-offs, and key recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Engineering, CS or User Experience
- 5-7 years of product management experience
- Self-driven, ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain situations
- Record of leading significant projects from conception through execution and iteration
- Strong product intuition and analytical capabilities
- Experience working closely with engineers and understanding technical trade-offs
- Lived the full product life cycle, having brought multiple products to market
- Experience creating and executing complex, multi-platform product strategies
- Collaborate with internal UX and Engineering teams as well as external consultants and systems integrators in an agile environment
- A background in or exposure to SaaS or Financial technology preferred
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Looker/Tableau a plus
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with New York Health and Racquet Club.