Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, New York
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
We are looking for a Junior Business Analyst to join the Business Intelligence (BI) team. You will support internal and external stakeholders with data, analysis and strategy to drive key decisions and growth. This role requires familiarity with hands-on data analysis, as well as documentation and experience supporting data operations.
- Use Excel, SQL, and Looker (our internal BI tool) to produce analyses around company and customer performance
- Answer data requests and questions from all departments, including executives and senior leadership (execs love to have access to their data!)
- Organize, document and maintain our core company data definitions, metrics, and calculations, and ensure that they are accurately represented throughout the BI tools and documentation we produce
- Develop and execute a training and education strategy around data to ensure that every single person at Even is data enabled
- Build out an operations cadence for the BI team, which includes but is not limited to: communication strategy, documentation, training and education, and project management of our BI road map
- Perform industry research and analysis to inform key business decisions
- Join a high performing team of analysts working on strategic initiatives ranging from financial/data modeling, data infrastructure, and investigative analytics
- Highly preferred:
- Previous experience with Looker and LookML
- Strong interest in financial services markets, technology, or business side problems, and making data driven recommendations
- Active and curious listener, always interested in digging deeper to find the optimal solution
- Understands the trade off between perfection and execution. Even is a hyper growth company - you will need to balance data driven decision making with the rapid delivery of projects within tight time constraints.
- Creative problem solving and challenging the norm
- Core competencies:
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role with data analysis (SQL, Excel, LookML)
- Very data driven. You will support all recommendations and conclusions with substantial research and data
- Detail oriented
- Understand statistics and statistical analysis
- Are able to produce visualizations of data to clearly communicate ideas
- Driven & Entrepreneurial
- Works well with teams (BI is a central data hub for all departments at Even, which means exposure to product, engineering, revenue, and operations/finance)
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with New York Health and Racquet Club.