Software Engineer Team Lead, Verticals
New York City, NY, US
Empower- Self-directed and take initiative
Empirical- Explore and iterate
Transparent- Helpful, straightforward and honest
Fearless- Be bold, take risks
Even Financial has partnered with the top Financial Service companies to leverage Big Data and Machine Learning to surface the richest, most comprehensive list of Financial Services personalized to the consumer. Loans, Credit Cards, Life Insurance, and Mortgages are just the beginning.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to lead a dedicated full stack engineering team. In this position, you will conduct 1:1s with your team, mentor engineers, lead recruitment and help define standards and processes. This team will own the front and backend of our product verticals, including personal loans, student loan refinance and life insurance.
- Contribute to code base across a set of product verticals from front end to back end, built on the latest versions of AWS, React, Scala, Postgres
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to create great products
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent
- Own software development lifecycle and Agile practices, including sprint planning, retrospectives, etc
- Review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards
- Maintain libraries for code used across applications
- Help establish and operationalize best practices and frameworks
- Identify opportunities for improved process, efficiency and impact
- Participate in discussions around feasibility and scope of product initiatives
- Interface with product, business and other team leads to coordinate resources, define projects and manage work
- Demonstrate company values and promote them on the team: empowerment, transparency, empirical and fearlessness
- 5+ years software engineer experience or a strong academic background in computer science
- 2+ years proven success leading, mentoring and developing engineering teams, preferably in a high growth, tech start-up environment
- Demonstrated success collaborating across engineering, product and business functions
- Comfortable with infrastructure, hosting, CI/CD pipelines and discussing, if not implementing these infrastructures
- You have a meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- You excel at designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting
- You have strong people skills with a well-developed management philosophy, including opinions on process and how teams should operate
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
About Even Financial:
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.