Business Intelligence Analyst, Technical
New York City, NY, US
Growth & Operations – Business Intelligence
Empower- Self-directed and take initiative
Empirical- Explore and iterate
Transparent- Helpful, straightforward and honest
Fearless- Be bold, take risks
Even is seeking a highly technical Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Business Intelligence (BI) team at Even. You will use strong technical skills to support internal and external stakeholders with data, analysis and strategy to drive key decisions and growth. This role requires hands-on data modeling, schema structuring, experience with ETL processes and writing performant queries. Your time will be focused primarily on maintaining and optimizing our Looker data model, working with product and engineering teams to collaborate on ETL processes, developing experimental data tooling for internal users, and fostering technical mentorship on analytics at the company.
Day to Day:
- Own and lead analytical projects that may involve coordinating a large number of diverse departments in the company
- Develop an in-depth understanding of EVEN Financial’s offerings and various consumer flows in order to develop optimal data models and schemas for analytics
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and peers (primarily engineering and product), building strong relationships to ensure that the right data is captured and structured upstream
- Be the primary point of contact with the data engineering team at Even, managing the relationship and ensuring a seamless ETL pipeline
- Use SQL, Python and LookML (via Looker) to optimize our data models and work with data engineering to optimize/validate upstream data pipelines for performance
- Provide technical mentorship for the BI team (pr reviews, code reviews, training) and beyond to uplevel overall data knowledge at the company
- Use a variety of Business Intelligence and engineering tooling to dig into business problems and develop solutions within tight timeframes
- Design and implement optimized internal and external dashboards using creative visualization techniques (advanced Looker, Tableau, and Python)
- Continue developing our internal advanced analytics efforts, which includes collaborating with data science on ways that ML can augment our data, and building experimental tooling and metrics that help our internal/external customers
- Be a hands on team player in a high performing team - participate and provide constructive feedback to evolve team processes and team initiatives. This also means getting your hands dirty with ad hoc analyses, executive decks, and rapidly iterating and reprioritizing initiatives as needed. Even is a hypergrowth company and you will be encountering ambiguity and day by day shifting priorities.
You may be a fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role with technical and code-oriented data analysis (SQL, LookML (Looker), Python)
- Coding proficiency in SQL and Python, with the ability to explain methodology to non-technical stakeholders and more junior members of the team
- Data modeling, schema design, and data visualization skills with a focus on query performance and analytical readiness; comprehensive knowledge of joins and their optimized use
- Prior experience working hands on with data engineering and product teams around developing data warehouse technical architecture, optimizing infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions from informal business requirements
- Highly detail oriented despite ambiguity, constant reprioritization, tight timelines, and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to positively influence decision making across different teams with different vernaculars
- A team player - highly collaborative. When the team wins, we all win!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
About Even Financial:
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.