Product Manager - Data
New York City
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
Even Financial is seeking a talented Data Product Manager to join its fast-growing team. In this position, you’ll thrive in a challenging and creative environment, and grow with a strong and supportive team that is committed to excellence at every level. As a member of the Product team you'll work closely with your teammates and will be expected to collaborate with Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, Account Management, Business Intelligence and Strategy.
- Drive research efforts to understand customer needs and inform priorities and product decisions
- Lead the full product cycle from ideation to user research, design, development, launch and monitoring for data & data science product features
- Own the internal and external relationships, ETL processes, schema, and data policies for databases supporting Business Intelligence, Partner Solutions, Risk and Client Experience functions
- Coordinate change management in databases/processes with minimal user interruption
- Use data to define the product roadmap and make feature decisions
- Continuously develop process improvements to reduce error rates and increase automation
- Act as data steward to audit, cleanse, and standardize disparate data sources
- Measure the impact of new features and make changes as necessary
- Develop a deep understanding of our consumers (brands, customers, and internal stakeholders) and act as an advocate for their needs
- Ship high quality features that have an immediate and measurable impact on our business
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Engineering, Computer Science
- 3+ years of product management or analytically-focused field experience
- Working experience in a related role
- Understand APIs, database design, ETL processes, & machine learning
- Proficient in data analysis
- Record of leading significant projects from conception through execution and iteration
- Strong product intuition and analytical capabilities
- Experience working closely with engineers and understanding technical tradeoffs
- Lived the full product lifecycle, having brought multiple products to market
- Collaborate with internal product and engineering teams and external consultants and systems integrators in an agile environment
- A background in or exposure to Digital Advertising or Financial technology preferred
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Mode/Tableau, Looker a plus
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with New York Health and Racquet Club.