Senior Scala Engineer (Remote)
New York City, NY, US /
Engineering – Engineering /
Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers, enabling any company to add financial products to their business. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial services providers (such as SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion) via its simple yet robust API and embeddable solutions. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into a comprehensive financial services marketplace with full compliance and security at scale. Even was named one of "America's Best Startup Employers'' by Forbes for 2021 and placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, which recognizes the fastest growing tech companies in the world. In February 2022, Even was acquired by MoneyLion, a mobile banking and financial membership platform that empowers people to take control of their finances.
As a developer, you will flex your Back End engineering expertise, while building new features and services in Scala with Play and Akka, all hosted on AWS. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a high impact team to expand our API's capabilities, all while ensuring quality and robustness. Come join our team as we push into new products and continue to innovate, streamline, and automate the Financial Service Search Industry.
Day to day:
- Lead the technical design of new features on Even’s core platform and API
- Contribute to a collaborative code base with other team members
- Identify, advocate for, and implement improvements to our services
- Flex into adjacent areas as needed, such as Data Engineering or DevOps
- Mentor, teach and unblock other engineers, and spread knowledge through things like brown bags
- Review new architecture proposals across our teams by participating in our RFC process and design sessions
- Analyze and debug complex system-level issues
- Recommend new technologies to improve developer impact, code quality, and our product offerings
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 4-7 years software engineering experience.
- Strong experience working with JVM environments, preferably Scala or Java 8+.
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL, database designs, and general best practices.
- Experience with Event-based design patterns and Kafka or similar technologies.
- Experience with AWS or another cloud infrastructure provider.
- Excellence in designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting.
- Drive to deploy your code and features, and follow them to production to ensure smooth delivery.
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others.
- Not afraid to get into the logs to root out errors.
- Eager to master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plan
Uncapped paid time off (PTO)
Company paid holidays + monthly personal holiday
Membership to Udemy
Perks including a monthly wellbeing stipend, $200 one time WFH stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.