Compliance Merchant Underwriting Analyst (Remote)
New York City, NY, US /
Growth & Operations – Compliance - Legal /
Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers, enabling any company to add financial products to their business. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial services providers (such as SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion) via its simple yet robust API and embeddable solutions. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into a comprehensive financial services marketplace with full compliance and security at scale. Even was named one of "America's Best Startup Employers'' by Forbes for 2021 and placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, which recognizes the fastest growing tech companies in the world. In December 2021, Even announced it will be acquired by MoneyLion, a mobile banking and financial membership platform that empowers people to take control of their finances.
We are looking for an experienced Compliance Merchant Underwriter Analyst to ensure our company adheres to legal standards, regulations and internal policies and guidelines. This is a contract position with the possibility of permanent placement. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as supporting the development, rollout and monitoring of various key compliance program initiatives, systems and controls. Specifically your role will be to ensure that our merchant partnerships are successful and trustworthy for our lending partners. As a Merchant Underwriter, you will assess financial risk related to credit, fraud and identity associated with the merchants. You will also coordinate with cross-functional partners to assess non-financial risk - brand, reputational, legal and compliance risk.
- Assess various risks and determine credit exposure risk on merchants to determine an appropriate course of action
- Use business credit reports, investigative research tools, and financial market data to conduct risk assessments
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of credit, fraud, and dispute/chargeback trends by merchants in order to detect changes and anomalies from expected performance
- Assist in providing setting up and proving guidance towards the automation/improvements of merchant risk evaluation through third party software
- 1-2 years of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant/Seller Risk Management, Fraud, or Merchant Underwriting
- Experience reviewing financial statements and/or payment processor statements
- Have experience and knowledge of the lending industry, including high-risk merchant types or experience processing/underwriting documents for banking industry or loans
- Demonstrates an appropriate sense of accountability, ownership, urgency, and execution
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plan
Uncapped paid time off (PTO)
Company paid holidays + monthly personal holiday
Membership to Udemy for
Perks including a monthly wellbeing stipend, $200 one time WFH stipend, and
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.