Quality Assurance Manager
New York, New York
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential. Our values include being empowered (take initiative - don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do), empirical (explore and iterate, relying on observation and experience), transparent (be helpful, straightforward and honest with customers and coworkers), and fearless (take bold risks and commit to a solutions-oriented approach).
- Be an experienced hands-on QA manager who can define and build best-in-class processes and practices to integrate QA within development teams Identify process improvement opportunities and take the initiative to implement changes
- Collaborate closely with engineering leads and product managers to improve the quality of our products and architect test harnesses for continuous deployment
- Set benchmark metrics for software quality across the organization and work with team leads to define a way to measure them
- Lead a small team of QA engineers, responsible for testing strategy and execution for all feature releases
- Recruit and hire additional QA engineers as the team grows
- Set measurable goals and key performance indicators for the QA team
- Advocate for QA best practices across the product and engineering teams
- Mentor junior QA team members of the team in testing and engineering best practices
- Implement automated testing frameworks for UI and API testing
- 5+ years of experience managing and scaling QA teams and delivering quality consumer-facing products
- Extensive automation framework experience
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and integrating automated regression testing
- Experience with BDD and supporting frameworks and toolkits
- Experience with email testing and mobile testing
- Comfortable with a fast paced agile environment and a rapidly scaling engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or another technology focused discipline.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
· Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass