Business Development Manager
New York, New York
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, accomplished, and highly self-motivated Business Development professional with proven success selling and closing deals to drive online consumer leads with publishers, performance marketers, personal finance apps, call centers, and other media companies for mortgage, personal loans, savings, and credit cards. The right candidate must be resourceful, bright, proactive, and passionate and work well both independently and as part of a team. In this role, you will profile and develop deep partnerships with key senior level decision makers to structure and execute new relationships to drive lead traffic and revenue to Even Financial.
- Identify, negotiate, and close new partnership opportunities for online lead acquisition deals
- Prospect new revenue opportunities to digital media publishers, performance marketers, and more
- Contact and engage cold prospects via phone and email
- Follow through with all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial prospecting, managing internal communication, reviewing and approving deal terms, to contract drafting and execution
- Effectively communicate EVEN Financial’s value proposition to current and prospective partners
- Consistently deliver superior customer service to all marketing partners and publishers
- Provide timely guidance and forecasting to head of sales on all pipeline sales opportunities
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and pricing proposals
- Effectively and accurately utilize HubSpot to keep records of all sales and prospecting activities, client meetings, sales calls, presentations, proposals, closed deals, and related sales activities
- Attend industry trade shows and visit clients, in order to uncover opportunities and strengthen relationships
- 4+ years of online business development and affiliate marketing experience, preferably related to fintech
- Strong understanding of ad technology, performance marketing, and digital publishing business models
- Skilled negotiator with a proven track record in meeting and exceeding new business revenue targets
- Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and marketing leaders Data-driven mindset and prior experience regularly analyzing partner ROI and performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about partner relationships
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with New York Health and Racquet Club.