Sales Development Associate
New York, New York
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
We are looking for an ambitious and data-driven Business Development (BD) Associate to join the team at Even. As part of your role, you will execute a B2B lead-gen strategy for Even - developing, sourcing, outreach, and qualification plans for our affiliate and enterprise supply business units. You will build a pipeline of conversations with a wide number of prospects in partnership with BD Managers, who will be the primary point of contact for each opportunity.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and manage lists of prospects and their outreach/qualification stages in Salesforce
- Source opportunities and initiate initial conversations for Even Financial across a wide spectrum of prospects spanning affiliate media to enterprise organizations (publishing, affiliate marketers,financial institutions, lifestyle organizations, etc.)
- Vet and qualify all inbound partnership inquiries into Salesforce for the Business Development team
- Utilize performance marketing and publishing industry knowledge to research & develop accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and identify compelling events
- Complete due diligence on prospective clients and document into Salesforce
- Help position Even Financial as a valuable partner to prospects during top of funnel sales outreach Execute outreach strategies across a wide range of tools, including but not limited to social media, linked-in, emails, phone, in-person meetings, etc.
- Research the target market and refine Even’s marketing and sales collateral to best position Even in the prospect life cycle
- Effectively communicate Even Financial’s value proposition to prospective partners
- Collect and organize prospect data, and clearly identify prospect business goals using Similar Web, and other similar reporting tools
- Help develop a quantitative prospect qualification framework at Even Financial with the business intelligence team
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Understand business pipelines and have experience using Salesforce
- Data-driven and able to measure your performance quantitatively
- Hungry and persistent, able to creatively address and work around objections to achieve results
- A track record of exceeding performance goals
- 3+ years of work experience in start-ups, digital media, or ad-tech
- 3+ years of work experience on a high growth sales team
- Interest in growing your career in Business Development or Sales
- Salesforce experience highly preferred
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with New York Health and Racquet Club.