Business Intelligence Analyst
New York City, NY, US /
Growth & Operations – Business Intelligence /
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Leveraging Big Data and Machine Learning, Even partners with the top financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to surface the richest, most comprehensive list of personalized financial services for consumers (including loans, life insurance, credit cards, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale.
The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Business Intelligence (BI) team. While this role resides within our core BI team and core competencies are standardized, we expect the majority of your time to be working with the Revenue teams at Even. These revenue responsibilities include building pricing models, supporting revenue operations and Salesforce support, and generally managing stakeholder requests from Revenue (Business Development & Partner Solutions). Core BI responsibilities include supporting internal and external stakeholders with data, analysis and strategy to drive key decisions and growth and generally contributing to larger BI initiatives.
Day to Day
- Develop an in-depth understanding of EVEN Financial’s offerings and various consumer flows in order to analyze data, construct dashboards and analysis, and make data informed recommendations
- Support revenue operations with Salesforce changes (no prior knowledge necessary), data model changes, defining revenue KPIs, and various documentation and workflow improvements via technology and tools
- Develop expertise in pricing and become a subject matter expert on sizing and pricing models, non-standard pricings, and determining internal KPIs related to deal structuring
- Work with Product and Engineering on net new performance and usage tracking in our products to inform revenue related models and analyses
- Work on overall automation of data projects and increase repeatability through training and templatized work
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with internal business partners (Business Development, Partner Solutions, Finance, Leadership)
- Gather requirements for data initiatives directly with Business Development and Partner Solutions, or directly with external clients or prospects
- Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape and how it relates to Even’s competitiveness in the market and our metrics in a deal cycle
- Support monthly revenue planning process with business owners
- Work together with the rest of the BI team to deliver team projects and ad hoc analytics, which encompasses financial/data modeling, data infrastructure, and investigative analytics
- Highly Preferred:
- Be willing to be Salesforce certified to support Revenue Operations - we will sponsor certification(s) in Salesforce
- Strong interest in financial services markets, technology, or business side problems, and making data-driven recommendations
- Knowledge of sales cycles and revenue operations (sales, customer success, etc.)
- Active and curious listener, always interested in digging deeper to find the optimal solution
- Understands the tradeoff between perfection and execution. Even is a hyper-growth company - you will need to balance data-driven decision making with the rapid delivery of projects within tight time constraints
- Core Competencies:
- 2+ years experience in an analytical role with data analysis (SQL, Excel, LookML)
- Ability to set clear expectations with stakeholders around deliverables and push back as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and prioritization skills, with the ability and confidence to communicate at an executive level and with external customers
- Understand how to evaluate risk and incorporate risk appropriately into models that are built
- Able to produce visualizations of data to clearly communicate ideas
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint/Google slides required
- Experience with SFDC (or a similar CRM) and Looker (or a similar business intelligence analytical tool) is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.