Business Development Director - Media
New York, New York
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential. Our values include being empowered (take initiative - don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do), empirical (explore and iterate, relying on observation and experience), transparent (be helpful, straightforward and honest with customers and coworkers), and fearless (take bold risks and commit to a solutions-oriented approach).
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, accomplished, and highly self-motivated Business Development professional with proven success selling and closing deals to drive online consumer leads with publishers, performance marketers, personal finance apps, call centers, and other media companies for mortgage, personal loans, savings, and credit cards. The right candidate must be resourceful, bright, proactive, and passionate and work well both independently and as part of a team. In this role, you will profile and develop deep partnerships with key senior level decision makers to structure and execute new relationships to drive lead traffic and revenue to Even Financial.
- Identify, negotiate, and close new partnership opportunities for online lead acquisition deals
- Prospect new revenue opportunities to digital media publishers and performance marketers; effectively communicate EVEN Financial’s value proposition
- Achieving assigned revenue goals on a quarterly & annual basis
- Follow through with all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial prospecting, managing internal communication, reviewing and approving deal terms, to contract drafting and execution
- Provide timely guidance and forecasting to head of sales on all pipeline sales opportunities
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and pricing proposals
- Effectively and accurately utilize Salesforce to keep records of all sales and prospecting activities.
- Attend industry trade shows and visit clients in order to uncover opportunities and strengthen relationships
- 5+ years of online business development and affiliate marketing experience, preferably related to fintech
- Strong understanding of ad technology, performance marketing, and digital publishing business models
- Skilled negotiator with a proven track record in meeting and exceeding new business revenue targets
- Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and marketing leaders
- Data-driven mindset and prior experience regularly analyzing partner ROI and performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills. Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about partner relationships
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
· Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass