Tech Lead, Portal
New York City, NY, US /
Engineering – Engineering /
Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion and The Penny Hoarder) via its simple yet robust API. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, fully customizable, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security at scale. Even’s investors are leading financial services firms and VCs, including American Express Ventures, Canaan Partners, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Greatpoint Ventures, Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures. Even placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, awarded to the fastest growing tech companies in the world, and has originated over $3B in credit to date.
As Tech Lead, you will lead and evolve the architectural vision, roadmap, and competency in codebases that empower our customers and internal users in managing and informing our platform and network. Your technical decisions and implementations will directly impact our efficiency, partner satisfaction, and sales competitiveness. You will ensure the proper architectural approaches to address business objectives such as developer efficiency, reliability, maintainability, quality and more.
Our technical(chapter) leads at Even financial do not directly manage people but have, in a matrixed organizational structure a group of engineers that specialize in the area of the stack that you will have responsibility. You will determine the vision and strategies of how we evolve our portal and supporting technology that includes an authenticated portal, advanced reporting and analytics, workflow management tooling. You will own the technical backlog of work, architectural approach to features, and set the standards and approach to development for your areas of responsibility.
Join our team as we expand this technology and widen our lead as the best platform in the market and expand into new industry segments and use cases.
- Lead by example. You inspire, push the team and mentor them to make the best technical decisions and write high quality code. Write well structured code and deliver software. You prioritize writing clean code and understand the tradeoffs of when we have to move faster.
- Provide feedback on PRDs for new features in our collaborative design process.
- Leverage client and API analytics tools to drive architectural decisions.
- Ultimately monitoring and measuring the impact of these infrastructure changes with data.
- Author and document reusable components inside a React application.
- Build server-side services and API endpoints using Node and Typescript.
- Develop approaches to pay off tech debt and align the technology with the needs of the business.
- Experience building a world-class web application at scale.5+ years in a full-stack production environment.
- Expert level React experience required A love for coding in Typescript & Node.
- Deep understanding of Redux or other management frameworks like Vuex, and RxJS.
- Made key technical decisions and stuck around to experience the result(s)Experience building and consuming REST API endpoints.
- Experience using version control, package management, and build systems such as GIT, NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Grunt Experience with statically typed language like Java or C#.
- Experience building analytics, reporting, and visualization tools.
- Experience building secure tooling (state managed) for use by business users.
- Experience with design systems (eg Ant, Material-UI).
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.