New York, New York
Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
We are looking for a strong data engineer who will contribute to expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, and Business Intelligence to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with New York Health and Racquet Club.