Producer / Project Manager
Customer Delivery & Success
Producers are critical to our success at Eventbase. They are the point of contact for our clients and also lead Production of their event apps. These teams work alongside our Technical Solution Architects, and Sales and Product teams to implement and integrate our platform with our clients’ Marketing and Technology needs. Successful Producers have worked in technology, ideally in software or at a client facing digital agency, and is a driver who thrives in an energizing environment. You will be responsible for handling multiple projects for customers simultaneously, and you will report to one of our Producer Leads. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile event technology platform for premium brands. Our proven product powers intelligent mobile apps that shape personalized journeys and deliver an exceptional attendee experience. Large companies can better understand their customers by using an Enterprise Event App and Eventbase Data Stream for every event in their portfolio, including their largest conferences and regional events. Eventbase’s current customers include 8 of the top 10 Fortune 500 technology companies, big brands like Disney, Mercedes-Benz and AT&T, and large events like SXSW, CES, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
Our team pioneers the latest in event technology, from advanced chat bots and AI recommendation engines, to the use of proximity beacons for hyper-local networking and 3D mapping. It’s no wonder we’ve been named “Best Event App” four years running.
Are you ready to join the best?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be the primary point of contact and work directly with our clients to set expectations, lead project updates, timelines, deliverables and collaborate with the Sales, Production and Product teams to ensure things are on track
- Partner with our clients, recommending features and functionalities that will help them deliver the best event experience for their attendees
- Run the project team for 2-6 projects at a time ensuring all milestones and project objectives are delivered on time. This includes resourcing, team meetings, prioritization, milestone tracking, task tracking and related administrative tasks
- Full project budget management including timeline, scope and required resources
- Inspire, guide and rally our internal production team members to deliver successful projects each and every time
- Assess risk, establish clear ownership of tasks and clearly communicate these objectives to ensure your team has what they need to move projects forward
- Assist clients in handling their risks, troubleshooting and finding solutions when faced with roadblocks
- Utilize tools such as JIRA, Basecamp, 10,000ft and Slack to ensure efficiency throughout the project lifecycle
- Juggle multiple clients, priorities and deadlines with professionalism, grace and good humour
- Travel to client events from time to time as required
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced digital project manager who has ideally worked for a digital agency or comes from software (ideally mobile) and technology
- Prior experience working with premier clients, preferably as a Project Manager
- Comfortable managing client expectations whether it be in person, via email or over the phone
- Ideally you’ve led web and mobile development projects from scope definition and timeline to launch with six figure budgets
- A teammate with a track record of leading and motivating internal teams of up to 8
- You’re tech savvy and a mobile app lover, a geek at heart who doesn’t need to code (though if you have in a previous life that’s OK too). You understand tech talk and can confidently talk the talk
- Mach three is your pace of choice, the grass does not grow under your feet
- Strong sense of ownership with the ability to embrace the opportunity of difficult and/or chaotic situations, you are a natural when it comes to putting out fires
- A quick read of situations and people, and have the necessary soft skills and poise to effectively manage whatever comes your way
- Highly organized and multi-tasker are words people have used to describe you
- Someone who can, and will, get their hands dirty in the trenches when required
- Nice to have: Scrum Master Certification and PMP designation
At Eventbase we work hard and smart, and take time to celebrate our wins. From casual team outings and Thirsty Thursdays to our themed holiday parties and annual summer talent show, we make sure we have fun.
Our team enjoys a range of professional development opportunities including our unique Ticket to Ride program, letting you experience our apps in action at world class events. Our Yaletown office provides a relaxed work environment with spaces to meet, collaborate, work quietly and enjoy our in-house cafe. It’s also dog-friendly, so bring your pal (and meet our current canine team online - #dogsofeventbase).
We’re proud of our diverse team: the Eventbasers hail from all over the world, with many different backgrounds, cultures and interests. We actively promote women working in technology both internally and by partnering with women in tech organizations externally. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status.