Senior Data Analyst
Remote, United States /
Eventbrite has the world’s largest data repository of live events, powering millions of events and hundreds of millions of ticket transactions each year in 170+ countries. You will play a key role in unlocking insights that can drive growth in these unprecedented times.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will serve as an analytical partner to a business function such as product development, marketing, or operations teams. You will work closely with both the broader analytics team and the stakeholder organizations to ensure that we are making consistent, data-driven decisions and increasing the impact of their activities. You will have the opportunity to explore our extensive data assets to identify how we can iteratively optimize our efforts and maximize our return on investments. Leveraging your technical and analytical skills, you will be asked to evaluate the performance of our product, establish tracking and implement best practices for new and existing features, and build and maintain our operational dashboards. Your insights and data deep dives will be critical inputs in understanding why we have been successful in the past and where we should go to grow the company in the future.
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years of quantitative analytics experience
- Advanced SQL skills
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts, inference, and data visualization
- Working knowledge of analytical and data visualization tools (Python, R, and/or Tableau)
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Excellent written and verbal communications: Clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical partners
- Ready to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Proven ability to prioritize, communicate, and influence cross-functional teams effectively
- Experience analyzing data and experiments across multiple marketing channels
- Experience in web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Experience working directly with product development teams
- AB testing Experience
- Expertise in SQL including designing ETL data processing to provide stable reporting in a dynamic data environment
- Experience tracking operational teams especially in an anti-abuse space such as fraud, spam, content policy, or trust and safety.
- Programming experience with a scripting language, ideally python
- Experience in an anti-abuse space like fraud prevention, content policy, or trust including working with operational teams to design practical solutions
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, and tracking rules-based detection systems
- Experience reviewing insights to help build out reporting for external shareholders
- Experience working closely with finance to help decide where we should invest our money
ANALYTICS SUB TEAMS
Risk Decision Analyst
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.