Sr. Product Designer
Remote, United States
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries every year. Since its inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators (aka event planners) to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop, or a youth dance class. Creators have been the central focus for Eventbrite, with over 200 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences last year, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
In March 2020, Eventbrite went from 14 years of compounded growth to negative revenue in just 14 days. As Julia Hartz puts it, “ it was a crucible moment for us, to say the least.” EB saw this as an opportunity to examine its past and re-think core, long-term choices about who we serve, what makes us unique, and how Eventbrite can win in the marketplace. A focused three year strategy was developed as follows: 2021 build creator confidence by providing an intuitive self-service toolset for creators to manage their events, 2022 build a suite of marketing tools that leverage Eventbrite’s scale and data to empower creators to more effectively run their marketing and promotion, and in 2023, winning consumer choice as a destination to seek out live experiences, and in turn fuel creator growth through captive demand. As we embark on the next 3 years, we aspire to become the indispensable marketplace for live experiences, putting consumers at the forefront of our business.
As a Senior Product Designer specializing in innovation and design, you'll have a pivotal role in shaping our products' user experience and design strategy. You will mentor designers to elevate their craft and quality, foster a culture of exploration and innovation, and contribute to a balanced work-life environment. Your expertise will guide cross-functional teams in achieving the highest standards of design excellence.
- Concept to Execution Mastery: Highly competent and creative individual contributors capable of transforming initial concepts into feasible, business-viable, and consumer-desirable solutions.
- Drive Design-Centric Innovation: Lead initiatives that leverage data and emerging technologies to create highly personalized, consumer-segmented experiences with a focus on design quality.
- Champion Design Excellence: Instill a culture where user-centric design led innovation is the core of all product and brand decisions, aiming for pixel perfection in every outcome.
- Integrate Diverse Design Disciplines: Establish seamless cross-functional partnerships among UX Design/Product, Consumer Insights, Agency, Brand, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure alignment in driving innovation and maintaining brand integrity.
- Foster Rapid Prototyping and Validation: Utilize low-fidelity prototyping languages to aid in conceptual visualization, compelling storytelling, and rapid design iteration. Create a culture that emphasizes quick prototyping and iterative testing to validate and refine design concepts. Figma, Origami, Principle, Midjourney, Chat GPT,
- Cultivate Talent Across Disciplines: Mentor high-performing individuals with a vision that nurtures upleveling craft, creativity, analytical thinking, and cross-disciplinary skills, focusing on individual growth and cross-functional cohesion.
- Lead Purpose-Driven Design: Spearhead initiatives that are not only innovative but also socially responsible, aligning with the broader organizational vision.
- Unlock New Avenues for Growth: Proactively identify and implement new design-centric growth levers and behavioral loops to accelerate scaling efforts.
- Shepherd Product Excellence: Oversee high-profile product market launches with a rigorous focus on consumer-centric and design-driven deliverables.
- Process Optimization and Efficiency: Assume responsibility for identifying and rectifying inefficiencies in our design processes. Seek opportunities to streamline workflows, enabling the team to operate more efficiently and allocate more time to creative endeavors.
- External Design Community Building: Champion Eventbrite's design culture in the wider design community, inspiring and attracting top talent and enthusiasts through thought leadership, public engagement, and showcasing our innovative practices.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in digital design.
- Experience mentoring and upleveling designers craft
- Advanced proficiency in design software (e.g., Figma, Adobe Suite)
- Advanced prototyping skills (Figma, Origami, Principle)
- Proven expertise in interaction design and visual craft a mustStrong ability to inform and influence product strategy.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, or a related field.
- Application Process: Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and portfolio demonstrating relevant experience. Please note that the portfolio should specifically highlight the candidate's role and contribution to the showcased projects.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Eventbrite, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $126,000 to $201,600. You may also be eligible to participate in Eventbrite’s incentive program(s) (such as equity, annual incentive bonus and commission plans), subject to the applicable rules and restrictions.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to providing competitive, valuable and meaningful benefits for our Britelings.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion work for our team, culture, and community.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a wellness package above and beyond standard medical benefits to support our Britelings’ lifestyle.
Eventbrite's global benefit programs are designed to meet you where you are by offering resources and support for your health, well-being, finances, and family. This includes support in a remote/hybrid environment, wellness allowance, Carrot family planning benefit, Origin Financial Planning service, and other offerings to ease the mind and body like Modern Health and BriteBreaks (generally the first Friday of every month off).
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing, marketing, and experience technology platform that serves a consumers and event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. With over 280 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2022, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.