Senior Front-End Engineer (React)
Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Senior Software Engineer at Eventbrite, you will build beautiful, responsive, delightful and intuitive user interfaces that people are excited to use every day while pushing the technological envelope with novel architectural advancements.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems. To learn more about some of the frontend teamwork, check out our frontend blog posts!
THE SKILL SET
- Deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them
- A track record of working closely with Design teams to build beautiful & intuitive web pages and applications
- Experience with techniques for improving SEO and accessibility
- Excitement about working in an environment where you are expected to make a significant and visible contribution
- The desire to work on a highly visible product that impacts millions of users
- A strong portfolio that displays your passion for delighting users
- Previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application
- Previous experience with build chain tools like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack and Yarn
- Previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography and color
- Familiarity with a server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails or .Net or Node.js
- Familiarity with working in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options (your piece of EB pie!).
- Health & Wellness Program.
- Remote work policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Profesional development & training paths.
- English speaking company.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- A family-friendly environment.
- Monthly Lunch vouchers
- Travel options to meet with your colleagues in San Francisco and other offices around the globe.
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.