Principal Product Designer
San Francisco, California /
At Eventbrite, our mission is to empower people through live experiences. Whether through attending your favorite concert or hosting a conference, events can be transformative. They can also be pretty complicated. As a product for anyone in the world, it shouldn’t be. Eventbrite is looking for a Principal Product Designer to work on our Marketing Tools team to help drive feature adoption and user activation. This initiative is key to the success of our event creators to promote their events successfully and give them confidence in spending their time and money in the right ways.
Design is a core part of our DNA at Eventbrite. We have a centralized design team that works in partnership with product managers and engineers to make a positive impact on our users’ lives and businesses. To that end, designers are embedded in product teams in order to get to know our users better, collaborate effectively, and focus diligently on our products. The team cares deeply about design as a craft and values constructive feedback as an opportunity for improvement. Design at Eventbrite strives to engage with the professional community, participating in regular programs and events with influential professionals in design.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Designer to help build a suite of marketing tools and integrations with our Toneden platform that enable creators to build and engage audiences for their events. You’ll be using your skills in research, system level design thinking, and craft to help take complicated, ambiguous ideas and simplify them into great experiences for our users.
As an advocate for high quality design, you’ll partner with Product, Design and Engineering leaders to turn strategy into concepts and work with Designers across Eventbrite, Engineers within your team, and Product Managers across the business to turn those ideas into reality.
- Drive the design strategy and vision of Marketing Tools for Eventbrite
- You’ll work cross-functionally to ensure cohesiveness of user experiences in relation to other parts of the product and collaborate across multiple teams to ensure alignment
- You’ll lead ambiguous systems-level projects that can generate massive growth and impact for the organization
- Define design solutions that exceed user needs and have a true sense of craftsmanship that inspires other designers to uphold that level of standard
- Demonstrate mastery of UI/UX, prototyping, visual design, and research synthesis
- You explore areas outside the core technical skills like motion design, experience design, brand design, or front end development to drive solutions for your customers.
- You thrive in situations where there is little to no definition and frequently demonstrate the ability to take insights, data, research and develop strategy.
- You’re a masterful communicator who breaks down complex business problems and defines new concepts
- You clarify storytelling using qual, quant, and industry knowledge
- You’re a role model for the rest of the team, you lead workshops and programs to educate the broader design org
- You regularly mentor and support other designers
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years of professional Product Design experience
- A user-centered approach to designing software and services for people
- Demonstrated experience leading across the entire design discipline spectrum, from analytical to expressive
- Experience facilitating discussions and exercises with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Consistently demonstrate good judgement. Able to make decisions at the right level, and escalate issues to design leadership as needed
- Excellent communication skills, including prior experience communicating to senior-level executives
- Prior experience designing for marketing tools
- Previously worked in environments that leverage data to inform design decisions
- Deep understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- You are an event creator and understand the lifecycle of creating and managing events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.