Senior Software Engineer
Remote, India /
Over the last decade, we have built a world-class SaaS platform for event organizers, enabling millions of events globally. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. As our platform continues to grow, we need to continue investing in platform fundamentals in order to enable our engineering teams to be empowered and autonomous. Eventbrite is seeking a strong software engineer to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences and help us take our platform to the next level.
Eventbrite is a complex platform with interdependent services that require best-in-class admin tools for our customer support and operations teams to leverage in the service of our end users. This team is responsible for developing and supporting the platform our feature teams use to build these administrative interfaces. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to serve Eventbrite’s customers by providing the tools our internal stakeholders require to solve customer issues efficiently.
THE TECH STACK
Eventbrite is one of the world’s largest Django-powered sites by request volume. Python, Django, and MySQL are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack. We are hosted on AWS. PySOA, our services framework, builds on these core technologies. Because this team interfaces with many other teams, there’s potential to work with a variety of other backend technologies in our stack, including Redis, Kafka, and ElasticSearch to name a few.
- You have 5+ years of experience and a proven track record of building software applications at scale in one or more mainstream programming languages as well as having developed web applications at scale using one or more mainstream web application frameworks.
- You have 3+ years working with relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL or non-relational databases like Elasticsearch and Redis
- You have 2+ years of experience implementing and administering a service mesh at scale.
- You have 2+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting containerized environments. You have a meaningful understanding of modern microservices architecture.
- You have a willingness to work with a distributed team across several neighboring timezones.
- You develop code that is easily maintainable, thoroughly documented, and well tested.
- You have an understanding of the tradeoffs between building new technology and buying existing technology.
- You have a passion for learning and to mentor others.
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, including RPC and HTTP based APIs, ideally through an API Gateway platform such as Kong, Tyk, or Apigee.
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with Terraform, Nomad, and other HashiCorp technologies
- Has led teams in making architectural decisions
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.