Senior Product Designer, R&D
San Francisco, California
Experimentation and Innovation are critical to Eventbrite. As our platform continues to grow and develop, we are seeking an experienced Product Designer to help research emerging trends and collaborate in the design of new and existing product innovation.
This is a new role that will provide design leadership within Eventbrite’s strategy team. You’ll be joining an exceptionally talented and experienced team of product engineers to focus on the product strategy and user experience of internal ideation through the design of high-fidelity mockups, rapid prototypes and minimum viable products. This is a unique opportunity to influence both the future of the business and the industry in a huge way.
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to help design the future of Eventbrite, as part of the R&D team. We are looking for a creative designer that can own big product initiatives. You’ll work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and collaborate with peer designers throughout the organization to ensure alignment with our overall strategy.
You should thrive going from 0 to 1, from whiteboard to launched product offering, and not waiting to see what the future holds, but instead inventing it yourself. You should not be risk averse or fear failure, but be able to leverage a strong combination of design intuition, personal conviction, and user validation to constantly steer the product in what ends up hopefully being the right direction.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product teams.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for features and concepts.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch.
- Work closely with designers/engineers on your team to develop and expand product design systems
THE SKILL SET
- You have roughly 5-10 years design experience in a design environment, in-house, start-up, agency or other relevant industry.
- You have a portfolio that shows a diversity of experience across interaction and visual design.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- Experience with prototyping (using Framer, Flinto, HTML/CSS/JS, or other) as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Former expertise within a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience writing HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience in Data Science and/or User Research
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records