Software Engineer II
At Eventbrite we tackle tough problems. We learn, grow, and have fun in the process. The women and men of Eventbrite’s Engineering team enjoy facing challenges as individuals, but we are also eager to collaborate and share our knowledge to drive the product forward. The Nashville Engineering team is charged with building our next generation organizer app, and the APIs and services that power it. We perform weekly demos of the code we ship, hone our skills through code reviews, and tell the world about it on Eventbrite’s Engineering Blog. We believe in the value of community and the power of live experiences, and regularly host free events with top technical speakers. Learn more about the team from some of our engineers here.
We are committed to building an amazing user experience that both looks and feels great, and that we’re shipping the highest quality apps possible. Our organizer apps power businesses of all sizes, from smaller conferences to massive international food, film, and music festivals. Their performance is critical; we must have a high level of confidence around every release and know that it will perform perfectly to guarantee a seamless experience for any Eventbrite powered event.
As a Mobile Software Engineer you will collaborate with product, design and other engineers to formulate and implement solutions to various needs and requirements. We work in an iterative fashion to always have a shippable product that can instantly add incremental value to our users. We value code quality and high confidence around our releases.
THE TECH STACK
We primarily use Swift to build our iOS apps paired with a mix of InterfaceBuilder and Programmatic Layouts to share eye candy to our users. We leverage and contribute back to open source projects as a standard part of our development practices. We also try to build things in a reusable and maintainable way by default.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience in software design and development
- Experience with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and the iPhone/iPad SDK
- Experience building applications that talk to RESTful web services
- Understanding of software design patterns and architectural principles
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Database experience using CoreData, SQLite or equivalent
- Attention to quality through unit tests, automation scripts, and code reviews
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Cocoa on the desktop, AppKit, etc.
- Experience shipping one or more native iOS apps to the App Store and/or Android apps to the Android Market
- Experience using Python in a production environment
- Active contributor to open source software
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt