Principal Frontend Engineer
Madrid, Spain /
Eventbrite is seeking a Principle Frontend Software Engineer to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build beautiful, responsive, delightful, and intuitive user interfaces that our creators and attendees are excited to use every day.
The members of our team tackle big problems through small group collaboration. Our technology spans across web, mobile, APIs, big data and machine learning, search, as well as physical point of sale and ticket scanning systems. As a people-focused organization, we support a culture of inclusion, mentorship, and continuous learning. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we build our team and product. We engage with the community by hosting events with exciting technical speakers and releasing key building blocks of our stack as open-source software.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is passionate about their craft to join our team and influence the future of Frontend at Eventbrite. You will solve challenging technical problems and own your products end-to-end, and architect applications from the ground up thinking through continuous deployment and scalability. You will contribute to Eventbrite engineering’s culture of technical excellence through inclusivity, knowledge sharing, and mentorship. This is more than an opportunity to join an amazing team, it is a chance to impact Eventbrite’s platform and organization at scale.
THE TECH STACK
Eventbrite extensively uses React with Redux and has started using Typescript for building various applications. We are one of the world’s largest Django-powered sites by request volume. Python, Django, and MySQL are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack. We are hosted on AWS.
- You have experience working with React
- You have experience with state management frameworks like Redux
- You can lead and influence architectural designs
- You are a pragmatic programmer that understands how to balance quality, time to ship, and costYou understand build vs. buy tradeoffs
- You can improve engineering standards, tooling, and processesYou have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around themYou have a great track record of working closely with design teams to build beautiful and intuitive web pages and applications
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching colleagues at all levels, while also learning from them
- You have a holistic approach to quality
- You have experience working with WebGL, OpenGL, and Three.js
- You have a strong portfolio (on Github) that displays your passion for delighting users
- You have previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application
- You have previous experience with build chain tools like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, and Yarn.
- You have previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography, and color.
- You have familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails, .Net, or Node.js
- You have familiarity with working in container environments and continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- You have familiarity with TypescriptYou have familiarity with relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.