Senior Engineering Manager - Platform
Remote, India /
Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and eventgoers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As an Engineering Manager, you will inspire, mentor, and develop the team that builds this global platform.
As an Engineering Manager in the Centralized Infrastructure pillar of the Platform theme, you are responsible for a team whose primary customers are the other development teams within our organization. We provide developer tools for frontend and backend developers, CI/CD infrastructure, localization, risk and fraud platform, admin tooling, horizontal and vertical interservice communication, AuthN and AuthZ, and various other widely adopted components. You’ll foster an engineering culture focused on learning and validating ideas through experimentation. You’ll collaborate with other teams in our organization to understand challenges and provide solutions aligned with our larger tech vision. You’ll refine our software design lifecycle process, clarify design requirements, and accelerate progress. You'll support the career growth of our engineers and provide opportunities to distinguish themselves as they drive impact throughout our organization.
- Manage a team of software engineers
- Measure velocity and improve efficiency for the teamDrive change effectively across our organization
- Maintain regular communication with the leadership team
- Take ownership of career development for engineers on the team.
- Drive innovation in processes and strategies throughout your business unit.
- Lead your team to success on important initiatives even during times of frequent distractions and occasionally conflicting priorities.
- Develop a sustainable, healthy environment for your engineers that is engaging, encouraging, and challenging.
- 4+ years experience in engineering leadership and people management
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead high-functioning and diverse engineering teams
- You’re a polyglot with a solid technical background and the ability to contribute to software design and architectural discussions as a player coach.
- Experience building early-stage consumer products, applying concepts like experimentation, rapid prototyping, and user research in engineering
- Experience working with a highly collaborative remote-first environment, driving a team that ships code to production often.
- Working knowledge of fundamental cloud technologies, preferably within AWS.
- API design: REST, GraphQL, OpenAPI, AWS API Gateway, etc.
- Infrastructure-as-code: AWS CloudFormation, Hashicorp Terraform, etc
- Service mesh: Kong, AWS AppMesh, Consul Connect, Kuma, etc.
- Feature Flags, A/B Testing: Launch Darkly, Split.io, Optimizely
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.