Senior Software Engineer - Back End
San Francisco, California
With $5.0B+ in transactions since inception, Eventbrite operates one of the largest scale payments platforms in the world. In addition, the Eventbrite platform facilitates communication between organizers and their attendees, sending millions of emails per month. A successful site integrity engineer has a single goal: to accurately stop fraud and spam in a way that is frictionless to the end user while scaling both operationally and technically.
The Site Integrity team is a small group that builds infrastructure and tools to prevent abuse on the Eventbrite platform. Systems built by our team are used in the most critical parts of our site and must scale gracefully with the growth of the company. Learn more about the team from some of our engineers.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be architecting and implementing performant systems as well as coordinating with our operations team to ensure that they run smoothly. You'll collaborate with engineering, product and other business stakeholders to scope and design products correctly. You'll perform code reviews, mentor other engineers and contribute to a robust learning culture. You'll be proactive, curious and accessible.
THE TECH STACK
The risk infrastructure is a Python-based service that can be queried by other systems at Eventbrite. For datastores, we lean heavily on MySQL, Cassandra and Redis. For our machine learning, we use scikit-learn. We also build tooling within the main Eventbrite Django application and do a fair bit of data collection, which is transmitted via Kafka to downstream consumers.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong (3+ years) experience with Python or other similar high-level language
- Strong (3+ years) experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Experience (1+ years) with full-stack web development (Django experience a plus)
- Unit-testing know-how required, experience with TDD or BDD a plus
- Efficient, clever, practical programmer with a record of producing dependable and extensible code
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/Engineering)
- Experience building fraud or spam detection systems
- Experience with Redis or Cassandra
- Experience building data pipelines with technologies like Kafka, DataBus or Storm
- Experience with Scikit-Learn, Weka or similar machine learning platforms
- Experience building feature extraction systems for machine learning
- Experience with natural language processing
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?